(Part 28) - Choices

~*~

Harry could not recall when the last time he felt giddy like a child.

Moving out from home when he was a teen had force him to mature early. Innocence gone and can't even enjoy the simplest pleasures in life.

Meeting Louis was different, the scrawny nerd who came at his aid to help him when he was hiding at the library still was the first time he didn't feel like punching someone.

Losing Louis started all sort of pent of frustration growing inside of him which made him secluded again, meeting people but forgetting their name the day after.

He was alive but not really living.

But now, at this very moment where he sat in Jade's office with a scowling Niall, a still shocked Liam and a smirking Zayn made Harry feel happy.

The three males were just staring at Harry and Harry was too over his head to start talking.

It was Niall who broke the awkward silence.

"Why do we have to stay in this room? It gives me more reason to strangle this guy." He grumbled.

He had an ice pack placed on his knuckles due to the earlier punch he gave Harry. Harry had an aching jaw but didn't mind it, he was kind of happy with the pain because it makes him believe that it wasn't a dream.

"We can't let the children see you punching people Niall." Liam interjected.

Niall sighed and just plopped at the nearby sofa.

"So, you build this orphanage to look nice?" He inquired in a sarcastic tone which made Harry look away.

"Niall." Zayn called on Niall in a serious tone.

Harry gave Zayn a small smile, he knew that the man wasn't completely on his side, but he knows the truth, maybe part of the truth but having someone know the secret he's been keeping feels like a whole ton of weight has been lifted off his shoulders.

But Harry understood where Niall was coming from.

Niall continued with his rant, looking disbelievingly at Zayn. He didn't know why he was defending Harry of his actions. "Look, I'm just not comfortable being with the person who hurt my friend and suddenly disappeared out of our life like we meant nothing."

"Nia-"Zayn was about to reprimand his friend when Harry lifted his hand to stop him.

Harry shakes his head and let out a sigh. "No, he's right Zayn, you all have the right to hate me."

"Like hell we do." Niall grumbled which earned an eye roll from an exasperated Zayn.

"Can we just listen to what he has to say?" Liam commented to stop the two from bickering, it was giving him an awful headache already.

Harry smiled at Liam, but it wasn't returned so Harry bit his lip and thought about where he should start.

He knows that he should grovel an apology, but it was awkward enough as it is.

Harry has been thinking about this moment where he should explain everything to the smallest detail. They all deserved to know, and Harry was wrong to think that they never meant anything to him because they do.

They were the first people to accept him and not get absolutely shit scared.

He sat up straight and looked at them with so much seriousness he can muster.

"I love Louis and I never stopped." He admitted, eyes pleading for them to believe.

Niall was about to open his mouth to probably say something against it but Liam was to send him a glare.