Put A....Paris??: Part Two

December 2015

Brantley's POV

I tried to keep my excitement in as we landed in Amsterdam knowing I was getting just a little bit closer to seeing my girl. Turning my phone on as we walked through the terminal, I smiled at the photo on my lock screen that Susanna had sent me a while back. White chef jacket on, auburn hair in a messy bun, and as always flour on her cheek. But the look of pure joy doing something that she loved made it worth the missing her. I'd been busy enough that the last six months had flown by. But tonight, damn I'd finally get to lay eyes on her and it not be through a phone or computer screen. Ben let out a laugh at the cheesy grin on my face rolling his eyes.

"Well, well," he laughed throwing an arm around my shoulders. "Dare I say this is the biggest grin I have seen on your face since before Suzie Q got on that plane in May? Kind of missed her too. Think my girlfriend works even more now then she did before she left though."

"I think Steph tells you that so she can get a break from your aggravating ass," I snickered making Ben tap his chin thoughtfully before shrugging. "I know her wanting to stay close for Sadie is the only reason she didn't tag along on this trip." My phone chimed with an incoming text making me roll my eyes. "And speaking of Sadie."

"Got all the good European chocolate places researched huh," Ben laughed reading over my shoulder. "Yep we better not forget that or I foresee bodily harm in our future."

"Good that you know this is on both of us then," I chuckled grabbing my luggage falling in line with the rest of the guys trailing behind Rich. After getting checked in our hotel, we headed to the venue next door to run through a quick soundcheck. My phone buzzing in my pocket had me yanking it out grinning see Susanna's name. I tugged my in ears out heading offstage to answer it. PJ gave me a broad grin as I passed him. I was radiating with excitement as I answered. "Hey baby! Your train made it yet? Rich was making sure that....."

"B," Susanna sighed quietly in my ear. I froze in my tracks as my gut twisted knowing I wasn't going to like what she said next. "I tried calling earlier but you were still in the air I guess. Look...I have this group project that has come up. We have to make a souffle presentation at Jacques's restaurant tomorrow night. The recipe he has given us to work on is the most complicated I have ever seen. I'm not going to be able to make it tonight baby."

"What?" I growled unable to keep myself from snapping at her. "We've only had all this setup for two months Susanna! I haven't seen you in six months. Fuck woman do you realize how much I miss you!"

"And you think I don't!" she yelled back. "You've at least been in familiar territory. Close to home! I've had a whole fucking ocean between me and everyone I know and love! Baking and learning has been the only thing that has kept me going B. I'm so damn homesick it has been miserable."

"Well you are the one who chose to go!" I snapped back turning to bang my fist on the wall closest to me. A growl vibrated in my ear reminding me the woman on the other end of the line didn't take my shit on a good day. I swallowed deeply trying to reign in my temper and disappointment. I had kept busy since I watched her walk through the gates boarding the plane headed to France. Did that and kept reminding myself we had this. She dealt with me being going for my career all the time. I could do the same for her. "Suzie Q...."

"Save it," she hissed with so much venom my jaw dropped. "You supported me on this remember Brantley Keith. Think of all the times you've had to rearrange plans we had because of an interview coming up. You think I'm not disappointed!"

"Baby," I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose in frustration. I just wanted her in my arms. Even if was just for a night. It would get me through the next few months. "I know..." I was cut off by a booming laugh in the background followed by the familiar clank of dishes. Heard a deep voice calling for Susanna to hurry up. The words out of my mouth next firmly lodged my boot in there but I saw red not caring. "Well, seems you are busy darlin. Don't let me keep you. Good luck on your presentation. Call me when you have time for your boyfriend.''