Chapter 25

"Look, your so called brother wanted money from you. Wanted your home. He wanted to hurt you- after something you done to your parents- I'm not sure. I told him to stay away and he said he wouldn't. So I paid him. Then he wanted more. He wanted us to split up. He wanted me to get you fired" Q began until he stopped. "He wanted me to ruin your life, for him" Q said in realisation.
"How much did you give him?" I asked calmly, attempting to get my head around this.
"50,000" He answered.
"50,000!?! How am I supposed to pay you back?! I have nothing" I stressed.
"You don't have to. I done all these things to protect you!" Q reasoned.
"Protect me?! From my own family!" I shouted.
"They hurt you before I wasn't going to let them do it again! People who hurt you like that don't deserve second chances!" Q said.
"Why don't you take your own advice?" I argued.
"That's not fair-" he began.
"Why not? You hurt me. You're stopping me from seeing my family!" I shouted.
"Why are you shouting at me? He's the one in the wrong! I was trying to help you!" Q shouted.
"Really?! Because, to me, it seems like all you're doing is to pick apart my life more! Made me jobless, homeless, and separated from my family!" I yelled.
"What family! They all left you and didn't care. I mean your parents~" Q began.
"Don't you dare" I sternly warmed him. "They didn't do anything wrong. They left to take care of my gran and they left me money" I said.
"Money which your brother stole! Why can't you see it! I'm not the enemy" Q defended. I stared at him coldly and took another step towards him.
"I don't care what you think you were doing- all you do is hurt me. I never want to see you again! Please! Get that into your thick skull! Never come near me again. I'll pay you your money back as soon as I can, but apart from that, I want nothing to do with you!" I shouted. He stared at me for a moment.
"Never? So your going to give up on us" he said weakly.
"Yes. I want every last memory I have of you gone!" I said. He looked at me again and then turned and walked out of the door without saying a word. He has left my life. Finally. At least- that's what I think I want.