Ch.20

The next morning, Q had already left by the time I woke up. I was curled up on the sofa, and I guessed he went home. I didn't mind, though. I had to go over a few emails and scripts ready for work this morning.

Once it was 10am, I made my way to set. As their producer, it was my job to be there earlier than the rest of them, but today was different. It was the first day filming the new season and it was always crazy. It was like going back to school after summer- everyone upset the time off is over, but crazy to be back, and not used to the early starts.
Once I arrived, the guys were already dressed and make up done to start straight away. My eyes seemed to constantly meet with Q's. Every time I smiled at him- he never returned it. It seemed odd to me. I knew he wanted to keep whatever we had a secret, but I doubt anyone would guess with a smile.
As we were about to film the introduction, I noticed how strangely Q was acting towards me. His eyes seemed to have lost all the love they held last night. It was as if the Brian I had gotten to know, has reverted back into this Q I dint know. A stranger.

"Right, get on your marks!" I chirp fully yelled. Sal and Joe immediately got to their marks, soon followed by Murr. But Q stood in the corner on his phone.
"Q!" I yelled. He looked up to me and rolled his eyes.
"Quit being a nag- I'm coming" he sighed as he rolled up to his mark. I glared at him! More confused by his change of attitudes towards me.
"Fine" I sternly replied as we continued shooting.

****
By the time me and Q got home, there was more than enough tension in the air. That feeling you have when you've argued with someone. But that was the problem. We haven't argued. We didn't talk. It was... odd. I sat on the sofa and still no words were exchanged. I looked over to him, but he didn't seem to acknowledge me there.
After 9pm, I decided to head to bed. I've been spending most my nights at his place that it feels natural now.
"Night" I said as I got up and headed for the stairs. I lingered on the bottom step to wait for a reply. "Goodnight, Bri" I said, slight louder but softly.
"Yeah.. night" he mumbled. I sighed and headed to bed.

After a few hours, roughly midnight, he came to bed. I felt him sit on the edge. I heard the familiar sound of his watch hitting the bedside table along with his phone as he rolled into bed. Usually, this was the time he'd wrap his arms around me and kiss me Goodnight. But that didn't happen. He didn't say anything. He just led down. I turned over to face him, and I noticed him looking at the ceiling with his eyes open. As soon as he noticed me looking at him, he turned the other way and ignored me. What is going on? I thought.