Ch.21

After a dew more days of not saying much to each other, I finally decided that we should get out of the house for a bit. I saw Q sat on the sofa with Chessie and Brooklyn cat on either side of his lap.
"Hey, do you wanna ho for a walk around the park?" I asked him.
"Uh... sure" he quietly replied.

We made our way down to the park. The sun was shining as their was not a single cloud in the sky. The trees swayed gently in the breeze as young couples and families also strolled the park.
Again, we didn't talk. We just walked in an awkward silence. I knew what I wanted to say- but I couldn't build up the confidence to break the silence. But after a few more minutes I knew I should.
"I want to break up with you" I blurted out. Q stopped walking and looked up to me.
"What?" He asked in shock. As the words left his mouth I began to second guess myself.
"I-I want to break up" I repeated.
"Why?" He asked.
"This isn't working out. I mean, we haven't spoken to each other in a week! At work you're treating me like crap... and I think whatever this was has run its course" I justified. I waited for his reply. I desperately wanted him to change my mind.
"Okay" he simply said.
"What?" I asked him.
"If that's what you want- then I'm okay with it" he replied.
"Seriously!?" I asked. He looked at me, the look in his eyes showing me he had nothing left to say. And I knew... we were over.