"The reason you were brought along in the first place!" Yamato answered. " "You are to stay up at least three hours later, till everyone else head to sleep. Wake me up to keep watch after, but your byakugan will be needed."

"Well, understood."

Yamato smiled, and whilst everyone was going to travel back to their dinner, Naruto had felt a source of annoyance.

"Captain Yamato, that's unfair! Why should Hinata have to stay up when there's a high chance of no enemies appearing anyway?"

"Because those are the rules of shinobi. C'mon, let's eat-"

"But that's just stupid!"

"Naruto," Yamato switched to his strict face. "You say you'll become hokage. When you do achieve that status, then you can change the rules of ninja. So shush and eat!"

"Eep."

Now that Naruto was finally settled, everyone began eating. It was embarrassing to Hinata that Naruto made a commotion over her duties as a ninja, but somehow she liked it. These were the simple reasons Naruto was such a nice person to her. He was never afraid to speak for what was right, even when others like Hinata would never think to speak up.

______________________________________________________________________

Somewhere else however, the night was far from over. In the hokage's headquarters, the midnight breeze drifted across the eery oasis of the dark.

Shizune dashed into the room of Tsuande, disrupting her work. Her face was showing fear, she was in an immediate state of panic. Tsunade quickly put her pen down, with the knowledge that there was immediate danger ahead.

"Anko sent word that her mission failed, and Danzo is on his way now!"

Tsunade tensed a little at this. "Make sure you remain calm and composed. I'll handle Danzo."

Shizune quickly rested aside her panic, up until footsteps could be heard. Now both master and assistant waited. They knew it was Danzo. The worried glance of Shizune  did not assure Tsunade, but then the door slammed open.  With no regard for the loud bang that I occurred after the slam, Danzo did a brisk, angry walk to Tsunade.

"Where is the jinchūriki?"

"He was sent along on a B-rank mission."

"Is that so,"  Danzo's voice was close to shouting, however he remained brisk in his speaking. "Why is it that the elders had no idea either, when I had asked them?"

Tsunade found what was meant to block her path in speech. Shizune felt a sense of adrenaline, but she saw a small smirk cross her master. "I simply forgot to ask them. Why does the jinchūriki matter to you? He is human-"

"That boy will never be human!" Now Danzo snapped. He slammed his arm on the table across Tsunade, startling her. "Yet, it makes me sick watching that boy's so called friends treating him like one of our own. I can hold my own against that, but to let him go to another country like the sand village for a so-called mission, should be unheard of!"

"I am a professional medical ninja. Last I checked, Naruto had all the vital parts to be dubbed human."

"Is the fox a human organ?" Danzo finally trapped Tsunade. "What would the villagers think when the children find out, the monster they played with was a demon?"

Somehow, Tsunade felt that Danzo was leading to something devious, however, she continued."His closest friends already know. They accept him-" she was swiftly cut off.

"Will the others do so however?" Now the true intent of Danzo was out: blackmail.

"Are you," Tsunade's fists shook, however she tried to steady them. "Are you going against the orders of the hokage, using a rebellious act as blackmail?" Now Tsunade was partly as scared as her assistant. This was the one thing that could stop her, and both sides knew it.

"Precisely." This was now the first time that Danzo was seen smiling. "And don't think about killing me. The elders would be sure to abdicate you if you tried anything."

"Bastard." Tsunade muttered.

"When the jinchūriki arrives, I want him right where I can know for a fact, he is there. Is that understood?" Danzo made sure to stare intently into the anger of Tsunade's eyes. "Or will we have a crisis for our little jinchūriki?"

"His name," Tsunade now stood up in fury. "Is Naruto!"

The fury in her voice shook the room. Shizune shook a little in fear, whilst their pig, Tonton woke up in a short burst wailing. The open bottle of sake that Shizune brought Tsunade for her for efforts as hokage, shook and rolled off- shattering into tiny pieces once it hit the ground.

Danzo let go of his smile. Everyone on the room quickly looked at the singular door of the room. There was loud and quick footsteps scurrying across the building to run to the main office. At this time of day, it had to either be Sai or Anko to tell of their victory. This was the event that would truly debate who won the long struggle of the innings of konoha; this was the struggle to decide Naruto's fate. The door slammed open, revealing Anko.

"Lady hokage. They're doing illegal work- all of them!"

"Do tell, young Anko." Danzo shivered a little at the sight of Tsunade's reply.

"I couldn't retrieve Sai for interrogation," Danzo's shivering calmed down. "But the ink in his jutsu is illegal work. I've been down the lines of illegal works as a Jōnin, and after he struck my snakes with his ink, I examined it to find an illegal substance. I have the ink to prove it. ROOT is doing illegal work underground!"

Tsunade calmed down once she heard Danzo curse. "Well, lord Danzo. What can you say to object this conclusion." Nothing came out for a response. "Don't hate me. I'm simply fighting fire with fire. If you do indeed reveal Naruto's secret, then face the arrest of the Anbu!"

As soon as this was said, it did not take long for Anko to figure out that she had just helped assist in the victory of an argument. Danzo was stuck now. After more cursing, he spoke his last words before leaving.

"I'll be back!"

The door slammed, shaking the room once more, at a much more violent fashion. Tsunade looked across everyone in the room, and smiled. It had been a seemingly long night; it was now time to end the day and pack.

______________________________________________________________________

Characters:

1. Kakashi the copy ninja
2. Naruto the knucklehead
3. Sasuke of the uchiha clan
4. Tsunade the new hokage
5. Ibiki the expert
6. Jiraiya the gallant
7. Sakura the brains
8. Danzo Of ROOT
9. Anko as Sasuke's new teacher
10. Yamato as Naruto's new teacher
11. Sai of ROOT
12. Shizune as Tsunade's assistant
13. Tonton as Tsunade's pig
14. Suigetsu the liquid mystery
15. Kabuto as a villain
16. Hinata of the hyuga clan
17. Ino of the Yamanaka clan
18. Tenten as a weapons expert
19. Lee as the rock solid ally
20. Neji of the Hyuga cadet branch
21. Shikamaru as of the Nara clan
22. Choji of the Akimichi clan
23. Kiba of the Inuzuka clan
24. Shino as the insect specialist