Chapter 8

It's pretty weird how one day you can stand there screaming at some dude and the next you're watching his kid. This was the case for me. America, Russia, and Germany were about to head off to a meeting in another town, even though it as, coincidentally, America's turn to watch Texas, his son. Of course, in turn, America dumped his kid onto me.

"..It's something you can do to pay us back!" America attempted convincing me as the little boy clutched onto his father's leg with narrowed, suspicious eyes. Germany rubbed his temples in annoyance, hastily looking at the clock every few seconds. "Listen, he's a cutie. He'll probably play for an hour or so and be knockout for the rest. We'll be back before you know it." He rubbed the top of Texas' cowboy hat, before pushing the little boy to me, hastily pulling on Germany's arm.

"Come on, let's go." America ushered, almost running out of the house with the other two, slamming the door. I paused, then looked at the child, who seemed almost uncomfortable to be standing. Before I could say anything, the boy ran off to the kitchen, pulling at the Tupperware drawers with haste, almost as if he were looking for something.

"What's wrong, Texas?" I tried sweetly, and he turned to me with big, teary eyes, his giant hat almost falling off of his head "My fidget spinner!" He cried, and I deadpanned, my mouth opening and closing like a fish on land. "Can I have my fidget spinner?" he spoke of it again. They had fidget spinners.. of course this world had fidget spinners. I smiled calmly, crouching down as I held back the pain in my voice "And where could it be?"

His little finger pointed to the top shelf of the pantry, and I furrowed my brows, suddenly realizing what he was doing. He wasn't going through the Tupperware, he was pulling a staircase. I hummed, and grabbed a chair, standing on top of it and searching the shelf as the little boy gripped my stool, almost trembling with excitement.

There I saw the toy, picked it up, and sank down, almost having it be ripped from my hands the moment it reached his height.

And then I sat at the coffee table as Texas almost religiously spun the thing. The only thing I could hear was the annoying buzz of the wheel inside as it went around and around with its colourful red-white-blue ears. I sighed and buried my head into my arms.

Suddenly, the whirring stopped, and I raised my gaze back to Texas, who looked at me with wide eyes. I was about to ask what was wrong, before a loud growl from his belly interrupted me. He cocked his head, then grabbed my hand, pulling me back to the kitchen and to the fridge, staring at me expectantly. "..You want something to eat?" He nodded feverishly, clambering onto one of the high stools as he kicked his little feet back and forth. I sighed, pulling open the drawer and getting some bread. What do kids like.. PB&J? Do kids eat that nowadays? I silently slathered on the peanut butter as Texas watched my every move. Then, with a soft clatter, I placed the sandwich in front of him with a plate, which he happily (and loudly) munched on, humming in approval every few seconds.

His mouth full, he turned to me, a wide smile on his face. "Amewica said ye'we a bitch, bu' I think yer reawwy nice!" I froze, then hesitantly patted his head. "Is that so..? I'm glad you think so." I laughed slightly awkwardly as the boy continued eating, gazing up at the clock. Four more hours to go.. Had he really been staring at his fidget spinner for two whole hours?

I shrugged, picked up his plate as he finished and placed it into the sink. Excitedly, Texas ran up to me and hugged my legs, smiling up at me. I smiled back, confused, and crouched down to his eye-level. The boy tugged at my sleeve, pointing towards America's room. "Come-Come! I wanna show you something!" the kid rambled as he continued pestering my clothing. I stood up and let him grab my hand and pull me towards the dumbass' hideout as he giggled mischievously, almost kicking the door open.

What I saw inside was something I could describe as a circa 2009 emo teenager's room. A black bed, walls, and an almost blood red carpeted floor. I almost chortled as I looked around, making sure the kid didn't break anything.

Texas rummaged through his father's many drawers, letting out soft mumbles as he searched. Finally, he squealed, and pulled out a Nintendo DS from a bottom drawer of America's closet. The boy presented it as if it was a holy artefact, then rushed out of the room and plopped onto the couch, letting out a small 'oof!' as he did. He motioned his little hands to come join him, and I sat next to him, watching him start up and play 'Pokemon Black 2', erasing America's file as he did.

I smiled down at the boy as he asked me for advice every so often, pointing at a 'Purrloin' or a 'Venipede' and asking me if he should catch it. I, in honesty, knew little to nothing about the game, so I simply said "He looks really strong!" at almost every suggestion.

Slowly, I started dozing off as Texas got more into his game. The soft bleeps of Castelia city luring me into a deep slumber.

The sound of a door opening and closing woke me up, and I half-heartedly opened one eye to see Russia enter the living room, alone. He paused, and stared at us with a dumbfounded expression on his face. It was then I realized that there were no sounds of pokemon beside me, only soft snoring and a tight grip on my arm. I moved my head to look down, and there Texas lay, curled up against me as the DS was gripped into his little hands. A soft smile involuntarily pulled onto my face as I gave the small boy a soft pat on his head, before turning back to Russia who seemed to be seconds away from laughing. I put a finger against my lips, then motioned to the door behind him. Russia merely shrugged and whispered "They were going to stay longer and have dinner with the other countries." I nodded, leant back into the couch, and sighed, content with how this day was going.

But that wouldn't be for long.

---

Alright, I lied before. This will be my last Author's Note in this book

That's because I have made an alternative book for it, so that I wouldn't clutter up all my current ones.

This is the link for it:

https://www.wattpad.com/709150446-author%27s-notes-book-welcome-to-the-author%27s-note

Go ham.

Namaste.