Very Important note

Hello everyone who has read this fic.

Wow, it's uh, been a bit, huh? As has probably been noticed, I have been very very absent from the platform. This is for a few reasons, that I would really like to get into today. Please note that I am not attacking anyone in particular or out to cause harm in any way, I just felt that it was wrong to leave the book on an open end, especially when I promised a return.

First of all, I am so very honoured for all the attention this fanfiction has been getting. I never expected this to blow up as it did, and I'm very happy to see that the majority of the readers enjoyed it. Of course personally, it's a little bit cringy to read back, but this fic has become a very important part of my history as a writer and I have all of you to thank for it. There have been so many kind comments that have been motivating me even now to continue persevering as a writer and some genuinely funny people who have been able to make me laugh on a bad day. Even now I still get notifications that people are reading this fic and giving it those little stars and it warms my heart every time I see it.

However, I do come with bad news. I'm officially discontinuing this fic. This is for a few reasons that I also desperately want to list here. Again, I feel incredibly cruel to be doing this as I was very passionate about the story before. I had a great big plot thought out and still think about from time to time but as it stands now I cannot continue it. If you feel betrayed or hurt by this, I completely understand. You can simply close the page, remove it from your library or what else, and call it a day and I wouldn't blame you for that. However, I do want to list my reasons why.

There'll be three major points I'll be going over in this next section, the last being the most important for those still in the Countryhumans fandom to this day.

Firstly, Wattpad is an absolute garbage platform for me to use. For those who didn't know, I am neurodivergent. In my experience using both the app and the site I have severely struggled feeling organized and at ease with how I use it. The major part of this is attributed to the ads, which I feel physically sick from seeing. I won't go into detail as to what I have or how the site as a whole contributes to my dislike of it as for many it's a perfectly fine site, it's just not for me. I've also been logged out of my account on my phone and haven't been able to log back in because the site wrongfully logged my e-mail account so that's cool, I guess.

Second, I've moved on to bigger and better things. I'm an active streamer and youtuber now, I've got a whole career in art set up and simply don't have any more time to spend on this fanfiction in particular, especially seeing as I've left the fandom two years ago.

And that's where I get into the third part, the fandom.

You all have given me an incredibly wonderful time. I have never felt so close to people as I have during my time in this fandom. However there's the elephant in the room that we simply cannot ignore. The shipping, stereotyping, and blatant racism that happens in the fandom. We've all as a whole turned a blind eye to it in favor of having fun, and though I really can't fault you for taking comfort in drawing and talking about silly colorful characters doing silly things, you can't just forget that these are real countries they're based off of. Why do you think Hetalia as a whole is regarded as problematic, too?

Please take it from me, as a former CH creator, to hyperfixate on a different fandom as soon as you can. I'm an adult now, and seeing back the things I've said and done due to being in the fandom still makes me cringe. The people are great, but the content is so blatantly problematic that it's just a sad sight. I could go into every problem the countryhumans fandom has, but I'd be here all day and I don't want to upset anyone. Again, I want to reiterate that I understand you taking comfort in all of this. It was cute and fun at first, but it's simply just not a good thing to get into. Hell, even this fic has a whole load of issues that directly contribute to the problems I have with the content in the fandom, but I've made my bed and I must lie in it.

So, that's that. I'm sorry for going off a bit, I just wanted to make myself abundantly clear. I won't be deleting this fic as there's a lot of things I like to look back on just to see how simple times used to be. Rereading the kind and funny comments you all have left for me is always the highlight of a day, and again I'm so very thankful for all the positive energy you've all been sending. I hope you understand and respect my decision that I've taken today. It felt wrong to drop everything and vanish without a final goodbye.

If there's anything y'all need from me, either a convo or just to see where I've disappeared off to, please check out my Archive of Our Own account, TyrantQueen. I'll be posting to my fanfic there from time to time if you want to see any of my future work, and I'll be checking any messages there. Wattpad isn't really an option for contact anymore since I have such limited accessibility to it :')

And with that, the reign of Emperor Scottie ends.

Take care, darlings :)