Chapter 6

Maybe sleeping next to someone else was all I needed to have a full night's rest after all. Though it wasn't romantic, like those stories I had read as a pre-teen, it was comforting. In my subconscious state, I snuggled against the pillow barrier, pulling it away as the night drew into dawn. However, it was a grave mistake, because when I awoke, I was stuck.

It wasn't that Germany was holding me in the same way as I was snuggling the barrier, or that I buried myself under the pillows like a pillow fort, but it was that Germany apparently didn't make himself small when he slept. His arm was chucked over my throat, trapping me against the mattress as he starfish-position dreamt about whatever he was dreaming about. His legs hooked me down to the bed, fully imprisoning me to the soft confinements.

And there I lay, wide awake, as the man beside me snored like an annoyed bear cub. In theory, I could writhe myself loose and speedwalk away from the bed to ensure my escaping, but the chance of me waking Germany up was too high, and I wouldn't want to be such a twat to awaken him who has so graciously lent me his sleeping space. So, I waited.

And waited.

The clock now read 6 AM, I had laid there for 2 hours, and Germany showed no signs of waking. My head tried to formulate a plan, but all I could think about was how hot it was getting and how the country was kind of starting to choke me with his weight. I had to break free, or else I might die again-

I gingerly wrapped my hands around his arm, lifting it ever so slightly and ducking my head under it, grateful to breathe. However, this didn't seem to please the sleeping dog, and he let out a low grumble, rolling around and wrapping his arm around my back. Okay, now I was really stuck, and now I was also being softly squeezed like a teddy bear.

But hey.. at least I wasn't choking.

I let out a defeated sigh, resting my head against his chest and hoping that this movement would cause him to move again.

Nope.

I finally gave up, closing my eyes, and letting rest overtake me once more. A faint blush tinted my cheeks. God, I really am weak aren't I? I can't even get someone off me while they're asleep.

When I awoke, the clock read 7:30 AM. Germany had rolled off me, the space in my arms now feeling oddly cold and vacant. I watched his back move as he breathed, blinking the sleep out of my eyes. Carefully, I pushed myself up, turning to the side of the bed as my bare feet hit the cold spruce floor, wriggling my toes to get blood back in them.

My eyes gazed at my lap as I exhaled, my breath disturbing the particles in the air that the soft beams of light were kind enough to show. I watched it swirl around me, reminded of the void, but the void wasn't there in this early morning. Probably still asleep, itself.

I stood up, stretched my arm above my head and gazed around the room. That's when my eyes caught something on the chair in the corner. A woollen sweater, black jeans and a note. I picked up the note, crinkling it in my hands slightly as I read over the words, a neat, yet hasty handwriting in black, no doubt the same pen that I had used last night.

Good morning (Y/N),

I know you're going to be awake before me, so I got you some fresh clothes that Belarus has left here before. I hope they fit you. Feel free to use the shower, but make sure not to use all the warm water. Use any products you like. After you're done, leave your old clothes in the white and yellow basket in the bathroom. I'll wash them.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Germany.

I folded the note as I took a look at the clothes that had been placed. They seemed to be my fit, how lucky. I picked them up, my skin prickling as the soft cotton tickled it, a smile dancing on my face. They were so kind to me already.. I believe I'll have a good time here, until I leave. Gripping the clothes tighter, I quietly left the room, letting the door fall behind me with a soft click.