Chapter 16

Percy pov

We descended over the avengers compound, or at least I assumed that's where we were. I refused to open my eyes. We touched down and I heard the door to the quinjet open. I immediately rushed out, quickly composing myself; I took in my surroundings for the first time. The Avengers compound was pretty impressive; the buildings were made out of concrete and glass. Despite the modern architecture it still seemed inviting. Even now there were people walking around and groups of agents training.

Tony walked up beside me.

"It is pretty impressive; you have to admit." he said. I rolled my eyes but still nodded.

"It is" it reminds me of camp in a way.

"What am I supposed to do here" I said turning to face Tony "What if I get.."

Tony cut me off "we will protect you."

"I believe you, but how can that be true if the Avengers could be in danger too?"

Before Tony  had a chance to respond Steve walked up next to us

"Let's go and meet the rest of the avengers" he said. I saw a small hint of a smile on his face; he was a leader excited to see the people he had been working so hard to train. I could relate.

We walked up to the building, and got inside. We quickly entered into a living area where three people I had never met stood. The avengers exchanged greetings with one another.

"Percy, agents, this is Colonel Rhodes also known as war machine, Sam Wilson also known as the falcon, vision also known as vision, and Wanda Maximoff also known as scarlet witch"

Wilson was obviously laid back; he was leaning against the countertop, his eyes casual darting from person to person. Rhodes was actually evaluating people, but he was not focused on me at all meaning that he didn't consider me a threat or even remotely interesting. I knew he was Tony's friend even though logically you would think he would be Steve's based on army background. Then I focused on Vision. I noticed the infinity stone first; I wasn't even sure if the avengers truly understood the power vision held. I had learned a bit about the stones from Annabeth, but most demigods knew they existed or knew of them. It was something we were taught more recently. I realized that I was staring at the stone for a suspiciously long amount of time and moved on. Then Wanda; her powers came from a stone. I could see that from the footage of her fighting. Now she was staring at me. Oh boy, I didn't need a mind reader or whatever getting curious about me. I looked down and kicked at the ground, trying to make myself seem like a normal teenager. I think me staring at vision so long had bothered her. Eventually I felt her look away.

"I'll show everyone where they can sleep" Natasha volunteered. I turned my attention towards her and followed.

"Here Percy, you can have this one. It's the only one left down our hallway."

I opened the door to a room as spacious as my room in the tower. I set my bag down and stared out the gigantic windows over the grounds. I noticed a lake off the edge of a cliff to the right. That would have been fun if I was allowed to use any of my powers out of risk of discovery.

I walked out of my room and down the hallway back to the common area. I was the first one back. They were so slow.

"Hi I'm Sam."

"Yeah I kind of got that." I said, not meaning to come across as rude. He continued, ignoring my unintentional attitude.

"So your Tony's nephew" he inquired, "I thought you would be more..."

"Obnoxious? Full of myself? No. I'm really nothing like Tony." I supplied.

"That's pretty clear." It was vision who spoke next.

I laughed, trying to overcome the awkwardness of the situation. I looked around the room and tried to avoid looking at any of them because I could feel them looking at me.

"So where did you live before going to live with Tony?" Rhodes inquired.

Well now how am I supposed to answer that. I knew that the other Avengers trusted these people, but they were new to me. I was certainly not ready to tell them my secret now.

"With my family." The not-so-easy, yet simple answer.

"Oh really, where do they live?" Rhodes asked.

"The lived here in New York" I decided that I had better get it out of the way "their dead now."

Wow, way to be blunt I thought.

"Oh I'm sorry, I wouldn't have asked if I had known."

I just shrugged in response. I didn't really want to go down that road right here, right now. My mind drifted to the wound in my back as I sat down a little too hard on the chair.

Tony and Bruce would completely freak out if I told them. I made a mental note to talk to Fitz and Simmons later when I was able to get them alone.

Everyone else walked back into the room over the next few minutes.

"I love when you guys come, but this is new" Sam said gesturing to the agents "this all happened so fast; what's going on."

Well so much for being secretive, I thought. No doubt the undercover agents in the building would figure the same thing, it was weird for a team like this to show up so urgently.

"We are here to," Steve began when Tony interrupted.

"Friday, make sure no one is listening."

"Yes boss." The AI replied.

"Go ahead." Tony said.

"We are here because we have found evidence that the government is going after people with powers."

"Hold on, what?" Wanda exclaimed. My eyes were drawn to her fingers as little red waves danced at her fingertips.

"Okay, calm down. We are here to figure out more. All we have is a laptop with an email and two missing inhumans." Steve said.

"Rhodie do you know anything about this?" Tony asked his old friend.

Rhodes just stared in return.

"I've heard things" he trailed off.

Everyone stared at him expectantly.

Author's note

Sorry. It's been too long. I've kind of forgot the plot of the story a bit. I am finding it hard to return to the story. I am thinking of starting a new one that I would finish this summer. Let me know if you all think that would be a good idea! I could also continue with this if that is preferred but there would probably be plot holes. I will update again soon.

On another note, during this time, please seek out resources to educate yourself on racism and the black lives matter movement. If you don't agree with saving the lives of our fellow community members, then I encourage you to educate yourself and stop reading my stories. There is no place for hate or racism here in my platform. Today and everyday you need to ask yourself, what can I do to make sure that black lives matter?

Here is a link to follow that can connect you with many resources. Please use it. Find yourself a book or movie to watch so you can become more educated and learn how you can help the movement.
https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co

Bob says hello Zoe

Black lives matter