O I Long to Feel Your Arms Around Me

The bell rang as Louis sat down at his desk. Other students came rushing in, hoping to not be counted as tardy. He couldn't help but feel a twinge of nervousness as the teacher made their way through the aisles, carrying a towering stack of packets. The paper slapped solidly against the laminated wood as they were passed out.

        After they were all handed out, the zebra gave the signal to start. Louis opened his packet and began filling in bubbles. He hadn't studied. He hadn't needed to. The final was comprised of the easier material from throughout the school year. Most questions were taken straight from previous tests that he still remembered the answers to.

       Three pages before midway, he began to feel a sensation that was growing increasingly familiar. Dagger-like teeth piercing, tearing apart his flesh. Flesh that was no longer there. He itched above the prosthetic leg, trying to drown out the phantom pains. His lips tightened into a line as his efforts proved futile. Crossing his leg onto the other allowed him to absentmindedly scratch without stopping the test.

       By the time he finished, his skin was raw. His fingers twitched, hovering above his skin, trying to resist the urge to scratch. He impatiently waited for the rest of the room to finish. Most finished shortly after. All heads turned to a raven taking his time. The cumulative hatred propelled the student into finishing faster.

        On the walk back to his room, his thoughts drifted to Legosi. He hadnt seen the wolf since that night. He had woken up with his leg stitched up and his father by his bedside; later learning he had learned that the dumb dog had dropped out of school without letting anyone know.

       He opened his laptop, searching up recently convicted felons. Legosi's name appeared higher on the list. Doing a little more searching, he found an address to a shitty looking apartment complex called the Hidden Condo. By the looks of it, Legosi wouldn't be the only felon being housed there. It's prime location, right outside the Backalley Market, must have made it convenient for other unsavory characters.

       "Yeah," He sighed. "He's definitely there."

        He plugged the address into his phone and opened his door to leave. Turning, he went back and grabbed his gun. He couldn't be too careful. His time with the shishigumi made him wary of that area. Feeling more confident, he left the school. The air outside was cool and damp and ruffled his hair. Though it was chilly in his sweater and scarf, the sun made brief appearances through the dark clouds, keeping the city warm.

       He swiped his card and waited at the platform. Distant honking took everyone's attention as the train announced it's arrival. Doors opened and herbivores spilled out and others entered, refilling the metal snake.

       As the train rattled down the tracks, light began to fade. The setting sun blocked out by black clouds caused odd shadows over the buildings. Louis watched as they barreled into a wall of rain, instantly soaking the outside world. A curtain of water obscured the window's view, making the passing buildings wavy and undulated.

       "Due to police activity, all trains on this line are no longer in service."

       Louis' eyes closed and rolled to the back of his skull at the unwelcome announcement. Two more stops. He was way too far from the school to turn back. He groaned and followed the complaining mass of animals onto the wet platform and down the stairs. He broke away and headed down the street, briefly checking his phone to see how far he had to walk. Rain gradually soaked through his clothing. It clung to his body as he entered the apartment complex. Water dripped from his antlers and every other part of him. His fingers wiped streaks across the list of rooms and names. The elevator was out of order so he slopped up the stairs,. His prosthetic clicked angrily as he huffed along.