She's Mine: Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

Andrew looked after Troy, while doing something he normally wouldn't have– knock at Eliza's door. He made sure to do it loud enough to confirm his suspicions, and like he thought, Troy turned back mid-stride at the formal gesture. 

"Eliza," Andrew groaned, before he looked at her. 

Eliza was frozen with the phone to her ear, and Andrew made his way to her desk to take a seat. She quickly murmured an abrupt farewell and hung up. 

"Eliza, I'm not here to harass you," he sighed while lifting his ankle to his knee. 

She folded her hands over her lap and leaned back in her chair. 

He lifted his eyes up to her, trying to let her see that he was sincere with his sympathy, "Eliza. Please. She's half of me." 

Eliza raised her brows, waiting for something of more substance. 

"C'mon Eliza! I want to know about my daughter," he pleaded. "What's her name?" 

Eliza kept her lips tight, taking in a deep breath and returning a lazy stare.

"Would you fucking say something?" he snapped. 

She laced her fingers over her desk and looked at her hands, "You knocked, but I never gave you permission to enter." 

He smirked, "You never needed permission bef–" 

She immediately chimed, "This entire conversation is invalid because it should have never begun." 

"Are you sleeping with him?" Andrew scowled, asking the blunt question out of nowhere. 

"Am I sleeping with a man three weeks after delivering a child?" she repeated with almond-shaped eyes. 

"It wouldn't be the first time you've slept with a fellow employee," he proudly scoffed.

"Am I sleeping with a man three weeks after having a baby?" she laughed to herself. "Mr. Louis, I suggest that you leave my office, travel down the hallway that is adjacent to the main conference room and have the SEO team teach you about the phenomenon called Google. The levels of research you can do with it will throw you asunder." 

Then, her face was immediately set into a frown, matching his, "Anything else, Mr. Louis? I do have work to tend to with deadlines." 

"I'm really shocked at how quickly you've learned to hate me, Eliza," he grunted. 

She raised a brow and sighed, "You gave me more than enough time to fester it– eight and a half months and counting?" 

He stood to his feet, "You can try to push me away as much as you want to, but she is my baby too." 

"She does not–" Eliza began to exclaim, but she clenched down on her teeth. "See yourself out immediately, Mr. Louis. Now!" 

"You regret what happened between us as much as I do!" he made sure to let her know. 

Though she had no love for him, it hurt to hear him say something that invalidated what went on almost a year ago. Acting on instinct, she buried her face into her hands to hide her tears, and Andrew was proud to have the final say and make his way out of her office. 

The first half of lunch with Troy was very quiet. In fact, she was hardly in the same place whenever she would easily drift off to watch the vehicles passing by. 

"Ms. Kelly," Troy lowly called. 

She didn't hear him and took in a deep breath, so Troy tilted his head in her direction and called her again– this time using her first name.