Chapter 12

*'The world was on fire and no one could save me but you
It's strange what desire will make foolish people do'

---------------------------------------------------------

Berry walked inside her office. She had visited her father during the lunch break. The operation that happened yesterday was successful. He was stable and resting right now.

She cannot thank Victor enough for the help he had given her without asking too many questions. He always saves the situation. She was glad that she met him. It was the best thing that has happened to her.

Berry came inside Victor's office without knocking. He looked up from his work on which he was totally engrossed. His expression looked as if he was surprised to see her.

But before he could say anything Berry walked up to him and hugged his sitting form tightly.

If Victor was surprised earlier then that was nothing as compared to the expression on his face right now. He was totally taken aback.

Although Victor is someone who doesn't like disturbance when he was working. But much as he tried today, he could not be angry at her display of affection out of the blue. Berry has never hugged him before. Sure they had their moments of kiss. But a hug like this, he couldn't remember the last time anyone has hugged him like this before. Maybe his aunt but even that hug is very careful and distant because they know Victor does not like too much affection display.

But Berry apparently couldn't care less about it. She hugged him with all her might. It was so tight and so full of affection. And it felt good. It was just like his father used to do when he was young.

Berry was now sitting on his lap and kissing his cheeks.

"Miss Bloom if you remember, this is office hour. You are supposed to be professional", he said trying to remain unaffected by her various ministrations.

She looked up to him with her amazing blueish green eyes that changes colour in different lights, he has noticed. Her cheeks were pink. She looked really happy.

'This little witch', Victor thought. He knows he should scold her, ask her to go back to work, ask her to leave him to work peacefully. But apparently peace have left him for good now. And in return it had offered him her. This precious creation of nature.

"Then why don't you punish me Mr. Wild?", She replied in an innocent voice.

"What did you eat for lunch today?", he asked slightly amused.

"Why?"

"Well this", he gestured towards their form, "is not something that I get everyday. Must be something that you have eaten for lunch".

"I cannot thank you enough for the help that you have provided me. I'm glad for the money. You don't know how much I needed that".

"So a hug and a kiss is all I get?"

"Then what do you want?"

"I want your evening", he said in a husky voice.

Berry smiled, "Then you will get it", she promised.

#*#*#*

"Where are we going?", Berry asked Victor. After their dinner, they decided to go for a long drive.

"You'll see", he answered.

Berry didn't asked any further questions. She loved long drives. But she rarely ever gets a chance to enjoy that. Victor was probably taking her out of the city. Berry relaxed against her seat and looked out the window.