Chapter 9

*'If this is a dream won't open my eyes
Am I asleep? No, I'm alive'
---------------------------------------------------------

At first Berry thought she heard wrong. Although she won't admit that she had envisioned this in her mind many times. But that was a wishful thinking on her part. Wasn't it.

She looked at Victor, his serious look clearly relayed that she has heard right. Victor Wild, her boss, this handsome specimen was asking her to date him.

"I don't understand", was all she could say.

"I really like you Berry. I liked you the day I saw you for the first time at the party. You are one of the most gorgeous woman I have seen. There's just something about you. Tell me Berry, would you give me a chance?"

"I.. But you're my boss", Berry managed to say.

"I know. But I just can't fight it anymore. I have to have you. Every reasoning has failed me". He took hold of her hand that was lying at the table, "Just think about it Berry. We can make this work. You and I are both very professional. It's highly unlikely that we will let this get between our job".

Berry was still somehow thinking that this wasn't real. That it's her mind playing tricks with her. Or it's another one of her day dreams. And even if it is true, she was apprehensive. It was simply too good to be true.

When she didn't say anything for long, Victor assured, "You don't have to give me an answer straight away. Take your time. When you are sure you can tell me. But don't take too long hmm".

She nodded and tried to eat the rest of her dessert. But suddenly her appetite was gone. Whether in excitement or apprehension she don't know.

#*#*#*

Victor parked his car and got out. He looked at the two storey building which belonged to his aunt Emily. It hasn't changed a bit in all these years. He walked through the streets where lines of cars were parked, probably because of the party. He entered the house and encountered that all his cousins and their families were already there. When they all realised that Victor was there, they all greeted him in unison.

"About time you came", Mark his eldest cousin commented.

"Save the lectures for mom. I'm sure she isn't going to spare him", Samuel joked from behind.

"How thoughtful of you", Victor retorted in a grumpy tone.

Aunt Emily was Victor's father's twin sister. She have four sons. The eldest Mark, next were Kenneth and Benjamin who were twins and the youngest was Sam who was the same age as Victor.

"Who is at the door?", a sweet lady's voice came from inside.

"It's Victor mom", Benjamin replied. All of them were looking at him with humour filled eyes. As if waiting for the scene when Victor will get an earful from​ his aunt.

A tall plump lady with an assured grace but warm eyes entered the room.

"You're here?", Looking behind him, "And alone I see", she said shaking her head.

"Come inside. Don't keep standing at the door."

"Happy birthday Aunt", Victor raised the gift that he was holding to present it to his aunt.

"Oh you brought a gift! But you know what I want from you. Not a gift but a girl. You have never given me that much trouble when you were young. But now that you're older, you are troubling your old aunt too much", she lightly admonished him.

"Oh aunt, don't start now, I have barely entered the house. And we all know that you love me the best", he grinned baring his his pearly white teeth.