Chapter 3

*"I think she love me, cause I got the check on me"

---------------------------------------------------------

Berry woke up next day feeling more refreshed than she has felt in a long time. She sighed. Nona was right. Love is all she needs.

But she did not love Victor. Hell she doesn't even know him that well. But for some reasons she felt less nervous around him. She doesn't want to have too much hope so she tried to control her beating heart every time she thinks about him.

She quickly got up from the bed and went to the bathroom. For the the first time she tried to dress up very carefully. She wore her pink blouse and light brown pants. She never wears heels as she was already tall. She wore her hairs in a low pony tail that made her look elegant.

She looked at the time. It was getting late, so she skipped breakfast and ran towards the door. She didn't want to be late today. She wanted to impress Victor.

She reached the office at ten minutes to nine so there were very few people there. She quickly went to her desk and started arranging things.

One thing that can be attributed to Berry's flaw is that she was messy. No matter how many times she cleans, she generally ends up making a mess of her table. Mr. Wild had commented on that many times.

She didn't wanted Victor to see these things so she started cleaning her desk which involved collecting hordes of pens and pencils, paper crumbles, tissues and a chocolate wrapper.

She quickly collected them and threw them into the dustbin and arranged the stationery. Good thing she came early today. Victor's office door opens in her office. So the first thing he will see is her desk and she didn't want him to see her messed up desk.

She went inside Victor's office to see if everything is at their place. When she was satisfied she came back at her desk. It glanced at her watch, it was four minutes to nine. She was excited to see Victor again.

She still had time, perhaps she could go to the vending machine and have a cup of coffee as she didn't had her breakfast that morning.

But just then her office door opened and Victor entered. He was early. But Berry got excited thinking that he will be impressed by finding that she got there even before him.

Victor looked at her, his eyes impassive. "Ah Berry, good you're here. Bring me a cup of coffee, sugar, no milk". He didn't even stop to exchange pleasantries and went inside his office.

Berry's heart sank. She didn't expected him to be so impersonal. She got up from her chair and went outside for the coffee. She told herself that it didn't mean anything. He is her boss and she was the employee. And that is the only relationship they should have.

Heaven knows why she was having those fantasies in her mind. She is a sensible girl and she is here to do her job that's it.

But her stupid heart was having non of it.

She prepared the coffee and went inside his office. He was sitting at the chair and working on his laptop.

"Berry?", he asked without looking up.

"Yes sir", she was timely able to control herself from calling him Victor.

"There must be a meeting arranged with the employees today for the briefing right?"

"Yes sir. It's at 10:30. I have sent you the mail".

"Yes, I can see that now. Make sure everything is properly arranged for the meeting. I don't expect it to exceed more than one hour. After that I want to have lunch with the board members. Book a table at a restaurant for six. Uncle Wild is coming for lunch too. Most probably I'll be back around two thirty or three. At that time I want the files of all the current projects our company is working on. And I want you to make a list of all the potential tenders that is in the market have it on my table before five. And I gather the company have lost a few tenders this year?", he looked up eyebrows raised.