Darker Moon' Chapter One' Boy With No Name

I wake up screaming and gasping for air the bed sheets covered in sweat again from my nightmare. Or should I say flashback. I sit up and click the light on in this old, cheap hotel room. I pour the last of the liter of whiskey into a glass downing it in one and trying not to spew it back up. I have never been a big drinker! drink or drugs have never been my thing. But things change and so do people. I walk into the bathroom clicking the light switch to the side of me, the light flickers a few times before illuminating the bathroom. I stare into the mirror, I look like shit. My eyes are red inside and dark underneath. I have lost about a stone in weight my appetite completely diminished after....... after what happened. I swallow thinking about it as fresh pain slices into me again re-living it in my mind. My hands curl around the sink basin as the memory takes over. And I empty the contents of my stomach into the sink instantly. To think that was 2 months ago doesn't help, if anything it's worse. I take one last defiant look in the mirror before my fist collides with the glass shattering it and my reflection into 12. I sit on the floor not giving a shit that my hand is bleeding. The next thing I know I jump awake without even remembering going to sleep on this bathroom floor, it must have been the alcohol or the pills, I am awake though, because I heard my hotel room door being opened, I dive to my feet and rush to the bathroom door, I open it a smidge and see a cleaner looking around the room in disgust.
"This room doesn't need cleaning today!" I snap from the bathroom making her jump as she takes in my physical appearance. "Sir? this room no clean for last 7!" She says in her polish accent. I walk out in big strides and basically push her and the cleaning trolley out the door.
"I said it's fine! I'm sorry." I say slamming and locking the door in her face. And I know its time to move on yet again.

I pace to the wardrobe snatching clothes and shoving them into a bag, I grab the phone I bought, and throw in the quarter bottle of vodka and the pills. I rifle around the filthy hotel room looking for my, or should I say Mrs. Morris's car keys. When they roll out from underneath the pillow I take the bag and my essentials and walk in big strides to the car leaving the hotel room door open, the room is also on the ground floor level and I don't give a shit about paying the final bill. I start the car and screech out of the parking lot. I drive fast down the lanes of this town before I slow down, but it is not through choice, the car is running low on petrol. I go slow till I reach the first petrol station and fill the tank full. I walk into the petrol station and walk smack bang into a man knocking his bags to his feet. "Watch where you're--" I snap but pause as his tired looking eyes meet mine. No denying it he looks like Harry only older. "Jace?" He asks me looking at me in shock. "Hi, Mr. Nicholson!" I say swallowing nervously a single tear sliding down my cheek. The bags he has just dropped and a pint of milk are leaking around his feet but his eyes are burning into me. "How-Why-You never even came to the funeral!" Harry's dad says. And the guy behind the petrol station garage tills is shouting asking me to pay as a queue has formed. "Everyone is looking for you, you know that right?" Mr. Nicholson says to me. "I have to go!" I announce turning on my heel and walking out of the petrol station ignoring the till boy shouting, "Hey!" Repeatedly. Mr. Nicholson is behind me almost immediately. "Jason! Stop!" He says to my back and the till boy rushes out. "You forgot to pay" He shouts at me. Mr. Nicholson takes out money from his wallet and walks and shoves it at the guy or more likely throws it everywhere.
"Fuck Off!" He snaps at till boy and sprints after me. His hand reaches around the driver side of the car before I can close it. "Please, let's just talk!" He says to me. My lip quivers at his tone of sadness and I know exactly what and how he is feeling. I lose it and like a flood-gate opens I repeatedly punch the car steering wheel in floods of tears and anger causing the horn to screech out.

A while later I and Harry's dad are sat in the coffee shop next to the petrol station. He returns with 2 teas, "I'm sorry!" I say when he sits opposite me. "I'm sorry I ran, I'm sorry I couldn't do more to save him! I'm sorry I didn't come to the funeral. I'm just so fucking angry and confused, how the fuck did this happen? I loved him you know! more than anything." I wipe tears away and go to take the tea but my hand is shaking and the hot tea drips over the top of the cup and burns my hand so I drop the cup that splashes all over the table before smashing on the floor loudly. "Urghh!" I scream aloud as the coffee shop customers all look at us. "I know!" Mr. Nicholson says as the server comes and cleans up the mess. "I know you're sorry. I do not blame you for not coming to the funeral. And the coroner said he was stabbed 34 times Jason, 34 times! there was nothing you could have done. I do understand your grief. I lost my son too. Every day is torture knowing those people responsible still haven't been brought to justice. I grieve and I grieve hard. I know how you're feeling completely. And he loved you too." Mr. Nicholson says wiping tears away from his tired looking eyes, his beard area is overgrown as if shaving has become a chore. "The facility is looking for you also, but I told them I hadn't seen you, and up until now, that has been the truth" He adds I pout my lips. "I'm never going back," I say confidently with my answer. He studies my face.
"Then where are you going to go? you aren't planning anything stupid, are you? please tell me you aren't!" He asks loudly. I stare him out. "You aren't planning anything stupid are you Jason?" He asks again locked in a stare. I stand to my feet without answering his question. And walk in big strides to the door. I turn and see he is following me. "It was nice to see you, Mr.Nicholson, I have to go now," I say aloud as he calls my name across the parking space.
"You have my address, don't do anything stupid!" He calls as I slam the car door and speed out of the space.

A drive into nowhere later I am checked into another hotel, ground level, of course, it is easier to make the escape without paying that way. I swig vodka out of the bottle before the empty contents pool at my feet. I reach into my travel bag and take out pills for pain and take two. My head swirls, I had never taken a drug before in my life previous to any of this. But the light in my life was stabbed to death, so I guess no one can blame me. I reach into the rucksack in search of more alcohol initially, but my hand produces a picture of myself and Harry I downloaded and then printed out from his Instagram, we smile into the camera and stick out tongues out. I smile at the picture remembering it being taken on day 19 of our time in the facility. My hands trace his face and tears drip onto it. "I'm gonna fucking make them all pay Harry, they are all gonna fucking pay for what they did to you!" I say aloud meaning every single word. Those vile fucking scum will pay! the police have yet to even make a single arrest in relation to Harry's case. Meaning I will take matters into my own hands. I reach into my bag and take out the hair clippers and stride to the bathroom, I plug them in and shave off every inch of my afro hair, it falls in chunks in the sink until I completely buzz cut. I look nothing like the old me which is a good thing as the facility and the police are still looking for me for being in Breach of the unit. I place the black hood over my head. My red drunk and drugged up eyes gleam as my plan unfolds in my mind at making those bastards responsible for murdering Harry pay. "Hi, I'm Walker," I say into the mirror staring back at myself. To be someone again I must first be no-one, a shadow on the wall, The flicker of a lighter, I must be inconspicuous and cunning, my own reflection gives me chills and excitement at what is yet to come, and what needs to be done. My own conscience would never forgive me if I didn't get justice for Harry.
They'll suffer! every last fucking one of them.

Authors Note. OK 1st chapter here of the Sequel of Brighter stars. this book is called Darker Moon and carries on with Jace's grief and wanting, and setting out to get justice for Harry. This book will be a lot different and darker than its predecessor, hope you all enjoy, vote and comment xo :)