Chapter 14

Elsa's POV

After a while of talking to my snowman about the snow, and why it was dark, I had finally decided I didn't care anymore if I got caught trying to get to Jack. He needed to get as far away from this place as he could.

I was roaming down the hallways and avoiding guards on my way very well. I just had to go across this hallway and then I would be at the mouth of the tunnel that led to the dungeons. Surprisingly it wasn't guarded. So I ran for it. When I was almost to the end of it I slowed down. There was surely going to be guards in here. But again I was wrong.

I walked in to see an empty room except for Jack. His head hung low, and his body looked limp. Even though he could heal fast because of being a guardian, he was covered with bruises and he still had that cut on his cheek.

I walked up to him and put my hand gently on his cheek. He jumped in shock at my touch. "Sh....! Jack it's just me. No one's gonna hurt you." I whispered to him. He squinted his eyes at me and suddenly they widened.

"Elsa?! You can't be down here! They could come back any minute!" He replied urgently.

"Sh.... I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

"You should know by now that I always worry about you." He tried to joke.  He got serious and added something. "Especially now."

"We wouldn't be here, if you hadn't left me on that mountain, alone." I got up and started looking around for the keys. They usually left them in here.

"Are you really going to blame me? You're the one who accepted Pitchs offer." At this I snapped, and turned to face him.

"Oh really. Well, you're the one who lied to me! And I had to hear first hand from Pitch and then hear it from you while you were getting tortured! God, Jack. Do you think I really would have cared that much if you had told me? Don't you know how bad it hurt watching you being hurt by Pitch and his men?"

"Then why didn't you try to stop them?"

"If I could have, I would've done it already. But I knew if I showed any sign that I still cared, Pitch would only make it worse for both of us but mainly you." He looked away like he didn't believe me and didn't want to hear any excuses. "Jack? Do you really think that lowly of me?" I asked sadly and I could see Jack cringe.

Jack's POV

"Jack? do you really think that lowly of me?" Elsa asked me sadly. I couldn't help but cringe at her words. I couldn't answer that. Elsa sighed. "Jack?.... Why did you leave me on that mountain?" I slightly looked up at her, but not into her eyes. It would be to painful to see the hurt in her eyes.

I took in a deep breath. "It wasn't any old plain meeting with the guardian's..."

"What do you mean?"

"During normal meetings, we would talk about the children of the world and how many kids had stopped or started believing.... During that one,..... we were talking about you."

"Me?" Elsa was shocked, unsurprisingly. "What about me?"

"About the one thing that I can never admit. "

"What?"

"That I love you..." I still refused to look at her.

A/N

Here go. After a long wait. Again I'm sorry this took so long.  -lainey