Chapter 17

I thought having a baby at home meant no sleep. So I actually prepared myself for it, just so I could help my mom out. But the land that Natalie Helena-Rose McCann was born, is still unidentified. The kid loves her sleep as much as I do, not even a whimper. Guess I needed that sleep after yesterday's event so that's okay too. I cleaned the house after everyone left, I slept around 1 am. Damn, that was late.

Already done with my morning routine, I slip into my closet to look for an outfit to wear. I am not the type to put clothes together, whatever I pick out looks good on me because they are my clothes and I give myself that amount of love that is needed for me to feel comfortable in my skin, but after what happened yesterday, I Have To Make A Statement. People can't think I'm sulking around, because it's the complete opposite. Not that I care much about what people think anyway.

I put on a halter neck nude crop top, distressed jeans shorts and a long buckle up knee length brown sandals.

I straighten my hair since it's grown back again and the curls along with the bob have disappeared. I then place it into a low neat ponytail, no strands escaping the pony. I put on a light coat of makeup and pick out my brown bag and plane glasses. I get downstairs and take the keys to my dad's Ferrari F430 (which he doesn't use) and drive off to school. I mean what's the use of a car if you buy it and don't drive it? My dad is too modest, he thinks it's just so pompous to be seen around with this car. He only bought it because he liked it. Well, I will be doing the job for him.

I get to school and then just like a snap of the finger, all eyes are on me. I might hate the attention, but I've got to do this. I get down from my car and lock it.

Jaws drop at the sight of the vehicle and I smirk. I hear boys whistle and throw cat calls at me, I roll my eyes.

I see no sight of Brookes and I'm glad. I don't want to deal with bitches this morning. I'm in too much of a good mood.

"Look who we have here" she cheers

Just when I thought I got rid of hoes

"Bitch" I mutter

"Excuse me, did you just call me a bitch?"

"So you heard? Well then I dont know why you're still here, at least if you're going to be a bitch, for the love of good make-up that you can't afford, be a smart bitch!" I smile "Now if you would excuse me, I'm getting late for class" I say and walk off, leaving Faye dazed.

Lunch was amusing and nerving, but I was not going to lose control. As soon as I entered, everyone's eyes were on me and then they started whispering.

That was funny.

I have free period now and I don't have anything doing. I go to the school's janitor, who happens to be Faye's father, and ask for the keys to the school's pool. He's a very nice man, his daughter is the problem.

"Hi Mr. Costello" I greet.

"Dear, I've told you to call me Erickson" he smiles, and I return it.

"I'm guessing you want the keys" he asks

"Yes please" I reply and take them when he hands them over. "Thank you"

It's surprising how nice he is. I thought his daughter's attitude was heredital. I'm yet to meet the mother.

I walk into the pool area, the place so dark, just like what I'm feeling inside. I used to come here with Ron.

God, I miss him!

Out of nowhere, I break down and sob. I can't handle this anymore. I have to get over him. I have to let him go, and that's what I'm going to do. I get up and give the keys back to Erickson, who questions my tear stain face and I reply with "Hay fever", before dashing out of school.

I head there.