Chapter 7

You know your friends are suppose to support you in everything you do right?

Or at least that what I know.

Here I am with Kenzie at lunch telling her about the baby shower and the argument mom and I had about some stranger cleaning and a whole bunch of nonsense mom just won't understand.

She just doesn't see the reason why I won't let someone clean my home.

"Look, if your mom wants someone to clean the house, it's gonna be free time for you" she says

"Well that's not how I see it, now quit arguing with me, and let's make plans for that baby shower, as far as I know you're the only one I'm inviting" I say

"Uh uh uh...tsk, tsk, tsk, you're inviting Jason too, and before you argue, think about the fact that he invited you to his party so it's just fair if you invite him too" she says

"I've never really agreed to this whole Jason thing, but I guess you're right" I say

Oh no, where did this soft spot of mine come from?

"Perfect!" She squeals so loud she earns stares

"Don't be too glad, I'm not going to be friends with him because I'm inviting him, he's just a mere school mate, not even an acquaintance, you seem to like him that's why I'm inviting him" I say

"Way to spoil the fun, besides, I don't like him, I'm shipping him for you"

Remind me to get a Dakota Encyclopedia for this girl

"Way to spoil the fun, because that ship is gonna sink. Let's go"

I get up from the table and drag her along with me to our next class.

                           🌻🌻🌻

"Hey" I hear as someone taps me on the shoulder.

"Yep?" I ask without turning around

"J-Jason"

Oh

"Oh hey hi" I say

"Hey hi?"

"Is anything wrong with that?" I ask.

"No-"

He is cut off by my blaring ringtone

Mom

"Yes?"

"Are you still angry with me sweetheart?" She asks in a sweet voice

"Please stop with the sweet talking, emotionality doesn't suit you mom"

"At least you're talking to me"

"Yeah yeah"

"So are you gonna come meet with me at the mall? We've got to hurry with everything" she says

"Yeah I'll be there in an hour with Kenzie"

"Ok bye" I murmur

"Bye sweetheart" she says and hungs up

"You still here?" I ask Jason when I see him still standing next to me

"Were you expecting me to leave?"

"I don't know, it was your call and is still is" I say as I grab my bag and slung it over my arm.

"Where you heading? I could drop you?" He says

"No thank you, I have a car and I'm riding with my bestfriend. Besides, I'm meeting my mom, anyway, see you tomorrow" I say .

"Ok bye" he says

"Bye" I say and start walking away as I feel he's about to pull me in for a hug.

Sorry bud, I don't just hug anyone.

I call Kenzie since I'm at the parking lot and tell her to meet me.

I can't wait for this baby shower thing to be over.

                     🌻🌻🌻

Mom, Kenzie and I spent a whole solid three hours at the mall. Most of the time at the shopping section after getting our hairs and nails done.
Kenzie couldn't decide on a color, mom had to pee fifty times a minute, complaining how hungry she is every two minutes and I, well I just sat there and watched them after I was done with whatever I had to do.

Now we're at home and if I say I'm exhausted, it'll be an understatement, I'm fatigued.
Mom pulling me around every where wanting me to see everything, I wonder why she didn't buy the whole mall, and Kenzie being present didn't help either.
She was like Mom 2.
As of now, I hate those two.

"Hey, wipe that scowl off your face, it wasn't that bad, your hair and nails look pretty, so at least it was good"
Mom says

I huff at her statement still with a scowl on my face even though I know she's right.

I got a bob, painted my nails forest green and that was all about it.
I didn't do this because of mom's sorry excuse for a baby shower knowing very well she just wants to party and her condition with baby will be just perfect excuse, no, I did it because of church on Sunday.
Yeah, I'm a religious person and I love church, I could even say I live for it.

Since it's the first Sunday of the month I want to look good.

I jog upstairs, strip out of my clothes and take a hot long shower.
I come out and put on an oversized t-shirt, which, before you get any thoughts belonged to my dad, and a baggy shorts.
I leave my hair wet and put it into a messy bun.

I jog downstairs into the kitchen and I see the two of them sitting on the couch watching Bachelor's and eating cookie dough.

"So won't anyone cook?" I ask

"We were waiting for you" Kenzie says

Waiting for me? I'm too famished to talk about this so I let it slip.

I prepare white wine shrimp Alfredo for everyone.
Just then dad walks in

"Hey dad, I was just about to ask of you, you walked in at the right time. Dinner is ready" I tell him cheerfully.
My dad is like my boyfriend, he literally lifts my spirits anytime I see him. Most people think that is weird, but I think with both loving parents, I don't need a love life. The two of them are all I need, is enough for me.

I set up the dining table and place the food down.

Dad comes down and we all sit for dinner.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna skip school tomorrow, is a Friday anyway, I need to clean this place up for the next day" I voice out my thoughts

"So much for not going to let someone do the job" my mom says

"I thought we were done with this?" I ask

"We are!" My mom says

"Good!"

And with that, we eat dinner in peace.

Author's Note:
Want to continue reading?
Vote, comment and share!