The Last Fight

"Where are they?" Michael says pacing back and forth as I file my nails in the chaise lounge.

"They will be here any second, Michael. Patience," I say looking up to the man in front of me. He's a whole mess, except for his hair.

"How can I be patient? It's been three days!" He says worried. Grabbing a fist full of his hair he sits down on the end of the chair. As he rocks himself back and forth my mind wonders elsewhere.

I think of all the things I would be doing if this were a normal world and if Michael were a normal guy. Maybe I wouldn't even be in love with Michael, maybe I'd fall in love with a man named Chad, or a girl named Stacy. Maybe I'd be a billionaire, or a coke addict. Nope, I had to go out and find me an antichrist. Although it was my destiny, I wish my life were lived differently. I wish I was somewhere cold, with lots of snow. Maybe I'd have a child to cozy up with near the huge fireplace while my parter was at work. I'd read them stories, tell them white lies that I believed as a child, I'd have the world in my hands and nobody could take it from me. That would be the dream. Unfortunately, with Michael, everything is temporary. Layna? Could be killed within the next second. My life? Could be taken away from me at any point. Yet still here I am, loving a man with the power of my life in his hands. I don't know what's wrong with me.

A simple, dirty thought comes into my mind and I decide to act on it. "I know what might pass the time just a little bit faster" I smirk and continue to file my nails.

"As much as I'd love to, I don't have time Natalie," He says not even looking at me. I pause my actions and look to him, what? When was the last time Michael Langdon denied sex?

"I'm bored, play with me Mikey," I say twirling my hair and looking at him with puppy eyes, he glances at me.

"You know I hate that nickname," He says and I roll my eyes.

"I just thought you might have wanted to, considering you weren't my last orgasm," I say looking at my nails and he immediately turns his head toward me.

"What on earth are you talking about?" He says with glaring eyes, but I just continue to look at my perfectly trimmed nails.

"A woman has needs, Michael," I say looking back to him through my eyelashes.

"Last I heard, you told me you weren't ready," He says and returns to staring at the wall.

"Maybe I've evolved since then, I remember how good it felt," I whisper seductively batting my eyes to him when he turns his head.

He shifts his body towards me and I spread my legs through my long, Victorian styled dress. Using his arms and legs he crawls on top of me and begins to kiss me softly. After a few minutes of kissing back he suddenly stops, "If I wasn't your last orgasm, who was?" He says and I smile and pull his face back into our sweet kiss. "Seriously, Natalie. If it was Mallory I'm never speaking to you again," He says pulling back.

"Oh, so you can cheat and I can't? I didn't know you were so jealous, Hell-boy," I say and he rolls his eyes. "So what if I did?" I whisper, kissing him. "What would you do to me?" I smile into the kiss and he looks at me with very serious eyes.

"I'd never speak to you again, that's what I would do," Michael says to me and I roll my eyes.

"Seriously?" I ask him and he nods with no indication of sarcasm. "Okay well don't worry, Mr. Langdon. I had to get creative all by myself," I say kissing him harshly by grabbing his hair and pulling his head down. He kisses me softly and I am now the one rolling my eyes. "Kiss me like you hate me" I say and he raises himself off of me. Seating himself at the end of the chaise lounge we are back to step one.

"I don't feel like it, Natalie," He says staring off into space again.

"Really? Because you still have a hard-on." I say and he looks down at his crotch.

"I just have a bad feeling Nat," He says turning to me. "Like something really bad is going to happen, and I don't want to lose you," He says and I roll my eyes.

"Michael I can help you, but only if you let me," I say as I step off of the couch and getting down on my knees. I place my cheek on his thigh and look up to him through my eyelashes, "Please," I draw out and he runs his fingers through my hair. Running my fingers up and down his thigh he finally gives in.

"Okay, but I don't want hate-sex," He says and I sigh aloud. Falling back onto my back, my eyes roll back into my head.

"You lost me, Michael. I don't like it any other way," I say and he falls onto the floor next to me.

"I figured that was the case," He sighs and looks at me. "You're still beautiful, you know that right?" He says and I can't help but wonder how my one moment of intimacy turned sappy.

"I do know that," I say looking up towards the ceiling.

"No matter what, I want you to know that I love you more than anything. I love you more than I love myself," He says trying to sound sentimental, but ends up sounding more like a douche.

"I love you too, Michael," I say back to him but feel an odd sense of regret. He tenses up.

"Why do you regret us?" He looks to me with furrowed brows. I sigh loudly and look back up at the ceiling. "I've given you everything," He says sadly.

"Except for the right to die when I am supposed to," I say and his eyes shoot daggers at me.

"Are you seriously still hungover on that?" He says sitting up from the floor. "I gave you a second chance, a child! What more could you want?" Michael says standing up flailing his arms out.

"I was supposed to die, Michael! Can't you see? I never wanted anything from you, I never wanted this!" I scream sitting up.  "Michael, I love you so much. More than my heart can handle, but you destroyed the one good chance I had of going to anywhere above this earth!" I cry to him as he bites his fingernails. "Do you know how many people I have killed by just being alive?" I ask and he looks to me, angry as ever.

"I gave you life you ungrateful bitch! I gave you Layna!" He screams back in my face and I just sit there and take it. Suddenly my mind snaps to someplace else, I don't pay attention to Michael. After a few minutes of drifting off I hear him scream and I snap back into place, "Are you even listening?" He asks me.

"Shh!" I say placing my finger over his mouth. He immediately swats my hand away and I roll my eyes. "Seriously, shut the fuck up!" I say covering his mouth before he says anything.

He looks to me with wide eyes and removes my hand from his mouth, "They're here."