25. Geneva

Aéroport de Genève
Ski Holiday, Day 1

Veronica gasped in awe as she looked out of the window to admire the clouds, almost covering the magnificence of Mont Blanc. The tranquility of the flight was a far cry from Drew's crunch of a curse when he shoved his luggage into a taxi cab six hours ago in Dubai.

Fuck me," he'd muttered with zero shuteye and a massive hangover.

After a wild night, partying till the wee hours of the morning at the exclusive Yacht Bar by the Marina Bay, the three friends made it in time for the flight at 7 am, and slept soundly aboard the luxurious GM private jet.

At twenty minutes before touchdown, the flight attendant woke them up with a tray of freshly squeezed orange juice. The wheels touched the ground like butter and the five-hour flight to Geneva went by like a breeze. They were inside PrivAir's exclusive lounge area, casually passing by football legend Scott Dreyers and his wife while waiting for their passports and baggage.

Drew and Danielle stood up to help themselves with triple shots of espresso. Seeing dignitaries and celebrities on a regular basis was one thing. But, to actually sit in the same vicinity as the sports celebrity and being given the same treatment felt surreal.

After a hassle-free check-out at the private hangar at Cointrin Airport, two private chauffeur service vehicles waited for them outside.

"Drew, you forgot your passport in the lounge," Veronica said as she walked hastily behind him.

"God, my head is still killing me. Thanks, babe," Drew mumbled.

She was so glad she'd ironed out things with him. Before her Mumbai flight, he went down to her apartment to apologize about the incident at the bar. She couldn't resist his charm, so she forgave him immediately.

"The first limousine will take Ms Ramos to Mr Wolff's residence in Geneva while the second one will take Ms Nichols and Mr Pierce straight to Champex-Lac in Valais. We've already loaded your luggage in the car. Have a safe trip and wonderful stay in Switzerland," said the PrivAir's top agent.

"Well, that didn't take long. Mr Wolff wants you solo, tout de suite," Danielle smirked.

"I guess we'll be seeing you in the mountains tonight, if he doesn't exhaust you too much," Drew laughed as they entered their vehicle.

"Have you checked on Tenille?" Danielle asked her.

"I did. She says she won't miss this trip for the world," she began.

"She already did," Drew cut in with a snort.

Tenille was overly wasted and refused to wake up so she wasn't able to make it to the private flight.

"Well, she's at the airport as we speak, waiting for the second flight to Geneva. She's going to make it tonight, you guys," she laughed as her friends piled in their ride.

As she slipped into her own limousine, her mobile phone rang. It was Wolff.

"Hello," he flashed his wondrous smile, his thick brown hair handsomely gracing her phone screen. "How did everything go? You look well rested."

He was wearing a simple white shirt, walking around his home. She didn't mind seeing this on her phone every single morning.

"I did. The flight went so well, thank you."

"Wonderful. Drew and Danielle are better?"

He must've seen Danielle's post-hangover story on the gram.

"A little dose of mountain air, and they'll be okay," she chuckled. "They're on their way to Valais now. Tenille missed the flight with us, but she'll be on her way and will arrive tonight."