Chapter 10 - Closer to You

I couldn't take my eyes off him

I couldn't take my eyes off him. The pink suit makes his skin even more fine and porcelain like. His tall frame standing just inches away from me.

Never have I expected to see him right here right now. Wide-eyed and jaw dropped, I stared. They say it's rude to stare at a stranger but who cares? Who could blame me? Is it a crime now to admire a perfectly handsome face?

And then he smiled at me, the kind of smile that would take your breath away.

I smiled back timidly and I couldn't look at him straight in the eye, his expressive eyes melting me.

I was like in a movie, in a slow motion pace.

Deep inside I am screaming with excitement but I am trying to hide it and hold it back in.

I am here for business matters and it wasn't like I was on a fanmeeting or autograph signing. I needed to calm my nerves down and maintain my professionalism.

It's so hard to pretend that his presence doesn't affect me much when in fact as of this moment I want to scream so loud, I want to scream his name and jump and cry because of happiness.

And how nerve wracking it is to feel his gaze.
Only to be brought back to my senses by Ms. Lee Na Rim's voice.

"This is Abigail, my dear nephew, she's the one I have talked to you about", he just nodded, that sweet smile still on his face.

Me, on the other hand, trying so hard to compose myself and act normal.

And then she turned to me,

" This is my nephew Ms. Chen and he owns A-MAN Project", she said. A-MAN Project is the name of the entertainment company I am in right now.

I have never anticipated that he would be the owner of the company who will manage my modelling career, so I was in shock, I froze momentarily.

I never thought that he's Ms. Lee Na Rim's nephew, the family name now made sense.

He is handing his hand in a way to shake hands with me I suppose, so I took it and he bowed a little as a greeting.

As our fingers touched, I felt an exhilarating shiver run through me.

" Nice to meet you, Ms. Chen, I'm looking forward to be working with you soon", he said.

His voice is like melody in my ears.

I bowed back and greeted him gracefully.

" Nice to meet you too Mr. Lee, thank you so much for having me in your company", I said in a shaky voice, I just hope it wasn't so obvious.

My inner self beaming for I was able to finally touch the hand of this handsome man.

This is something that I have been dreaming about and holy cow, now it's happening right before my eyes.

" Please have a sit and continue with going through your contract", he then said in a very respectful way.

He's such a very humble man.

So I sat down and continued signing every piece of my contract.

Meanwhile, he sat there on a chair in front of me. I could see at the corner of my eye that everyone in the room are eyes focused on me.

And his gaze, making me feel a bit self conscious, making me uncomfortable. Yes, he keeps on staring at me, something I didn't even dare imagine.

I could not believe I was there, in front of the man of my dreams, too close yet my mind travelling too far from here, travelling to dreamland.

And I know, yeah I know, I am getting closer to my dreams, closer and closer.

Everyone is silent, waiting for me to finished signing the papers, I checked the time and it's already a quarter to seven in the evening.

Time flew too fast, where did all the time go?

And then the silence was blown away as Lee Na Rim enters the room. My mind was too pre-occupied, I did not even notice her absence in this four cornered glass room where all I could feel is intense excitement and nervousness.

She laid an iced coffee and cinnamon roll in front of me, I see it's from 89 Mansion Cafe.

Oh great, my second dose of coffee for today. I just hope this isn't too much caffeine intake or else I'm gonna end up hyperventilating again.

I took a glimpse on him and it seems like he's enjoying his coffee. I remembered the things I have read about him, one of those is his love for coffee.

I smiled. So it was true.

And finally, I have finished signing the contract.

I suddenly felt sad, I'm already about to depart this conference room. I wish I could still stay here a little longer.

I handed it over to him, which he pleasantly took with his own beautiful hands. I bowed a little and he nodded smiling.

Oh that pretty smile, could you please stop that? It's making me fall inlove even more.

He checked the papers and after awhile he said,

"Great! It's done! You are now officially our talent here at A-MAN Project! Welcome aboard, Ms. Chen. "
I smiled brightly. If this is not genuine happiness I am feeling right now, I don't know what.

"Thank you so much Mr. Lee. I'll do my best to make you all proud of me", I bowed down as low as I can.

They welcomed me warmly and I bowed down at the four of them.

This now means a fresh new start, fresh career where I would see and meet fresh new faces.

And I'll get to see his face often as a bonus. I beamed at the thought making me feel all the more excited to start my training.

" It's already late,Ms. Chen, I'll drive you home", he said and that made my heart skip a beat.

I blushed.

Is this for real ?

I looked at him and he's still wearing that sweet and endearing smile.

He always radiates with positivity and it's infectious.

I knew that he's just being a gentleman and he just want to make sure I get to arrive home safely and that I should not give other meanings to his actions but my heart and mind would like to think otherwise.

Afterall, a fangirl is free to dream, right?