Chapter 8 - Back To Reality

My mind still in haze, I feel like I'm floating. Seeing him up close made me feel like I am the luckiest girl in the world. I was indeed lucky.

" I think he's interested in you", Carly said while changing into her sleeping clothes. " Too bad you wasted your chance, he's even asking your name", she added sitting beside me.

Could it possibly be? I shook my head trying to brush off the idea. "Please don't get ahead of yourself, Abigail", I reminded myself.

" I am not supposed to assume things that was not proven", I responded to Carly's comment.

" You're right. It's just that there's something in the way he stared at you", Carly just wont stop teasing me.

"Maybe he's just being friendly. Why would he be interested in me at the very first place. He's a celebrity, He's still out of my league right now", I remarked.

" Why not? For me, you even looked like a celebrity!", she said with enthusiasm and that's when an idea registered into my mind.

" Maybe he thought I was Suzy?", I then speculated.

" I dont know?", Carly responded unsure of what to think of anymore. " You know what, you better go ahead and take a shower now. Maybe it'll help you clear your mind", she suggested teasing my disoriented self.

I released a deep sigh, grab my towel and entered the bathroom. A warm shower somehow felt relaxing. After quite awhile, I stepped out of the bathroom, blow-dried my hair and immediately laid down on the soft bed and then I have instantly fallen asleep.

I was first to woke up in the morning, Carly still seems to be sound asleep. Little rays of sunlight already made it's way through the window blinds. I checked the time, it is already 9'oclock. We have checked in on a five-star hotel the night before and we are still at Gapyeong-gun.

On what I remember, Carly have an afternoon class today. I immediately woke her up.

"Carly, You have an afternoon class today, right?", I asked in a loud voice continuosly shaking her to wake her up. She doesn't seem to budge from her position.

" Come on, wake up. We still need to ride the 10am trip of the ITX train, if not you'll gonna miss your class", I exclaimed in a much louder voice now.

This seemed to have woken her up. She opened her eyes and hurriedly checked the time. She's suddenly moving quickly in a panicky way. She immediately washed her face and change her clothes.

"Let's go!", she then said in a hurried way once done.

I just shook my head in disbelief. I grab my backpack and we hurriedly left the hotel.

We run as fast as we could to catch the train. Halfway through I suddenly stopped and momentarily stood there, breathing in the fresh air and absorbing the rays of sunlight into my skin. This place will be missed, Gapyeong-gun where I have first came close to my Lee Jong Suk.

"Why did you stop? Let's go!", Carly dragging me back into running with a confused look on her face.

We almost missed the train but luckily we arrived just in time, a minute before the train departs. I step into the train with a heavy heart. I dont want to leave this place, a place where precious moments took place, the place that have given me a chance to see his handsome face and hear his voice. It was like a dream, a very beautiful dream.

When we arrived home, Carly immediately took a quick shower and left for her class. Here I am again, alone. I really couldn't take this anymore, stuck in this apartment doing nothing, I need to spend my time on something productive.

I pulled out the business card of the woman, stared at it for awhile. The name says Lee Na Rim. Lee? Lee? Why is it that there are a lot of people with this family name and why is it that everytime I hear it, it reminds me of him. I grab my phone and typed the number , I thought hard before finally hitting on the Call button.

The line just keeps on ringing.

"Hello?", someone answered.

"Uhmm, Is this Lee Na Rim?", I asked.

" Yes, who is this?", the voice on the other line asked.

" I'm Abigail Chen, the ..", I introduced myself but before I even get to finish what I am about to say, the woman unintentionally cut me off.

" Oh! It's you, the pretty girl!", she exclaimed.

"I don't know if I was the pretty girl you have in mind? ", I shyly responded.

" Lee Jong Suk's fan, right?!", the woman said in a cheerful voice.

" Yes", I answered briefly.

"I'm sure it's you, So have you thought about it already?", she asked with a hint of anticipation in her voice.

"Actually, I have called because I want to ask you if you can still help me become a model?", I said getting straight to the point.

"Of course! You are such a great potential! Let's meet and talk about this in person. Are you free right now? ", the woman suggested. I don't know why this is making me feel excited. I never really planned to enter modelling but this seems to bring a ray of hope on achieving my dreams, so why not, for as long as this would help me enter his life, I'm okay with it.

"Yes, definitely!", I blurted with too much enthusiasm. I smiled genuinely thinking that this might already be the perfect way to meet him again.

I let out a sigh. After an almost dreamlike trip in the province, here I am now back to reality, back to the city where I need a job to get close even just one step closer to the man of my dreams.

Meanwhile, we decided to meet at a cafe at Sinsa-dong along Garosugil street. Ms. Lee Na Rim chose a cafe named Ginkgo Avenue which is to be honest unfamiliar to my ears but I agreed nonetheless....