Chapter 6 - K-Drama Fan

My room all tidied-up now, Carly immediately left just to return moments later with the AR card in her hands.

"Here ", she said handing over the card. I smiled while grasping it from her.

" This card is such a troublemaker! Argh!", I said while staring at it. I haven't seen this card since like forever.

"I know right! So you better keep it safe from now on", she said sarcastically rolling her eyes. Carly knows how clumsy I am and how frequently I tend to lose track of my things.

" Yes, Yes. I will!", I responded and slumped back to bed and turned on the laptop.

Carly joined me on the bed.

" What?! While you were sleeping again?", she said raising her eyebrow when she figured that I am about to watch the Lee Jong suk's drama again.

" Yes, do you have any violent reactions?", I said raising my eyebrows as well. Carly is not a fan of k-dramas but she's certainly a k-pop addict. She calls herself an Aroha, the official fan name of k-pop boy group Astro.

" Aren't you just getting tired of watching that already? You've probably watched that a hundred times! ", she exclaimed in disbelief raising her eyebrows still.

" Well, yeah? Coming from you? ", I snapped back referring to his addiction with Astro. I'm sure she gets what I mean. She was suddenly in silence, she's certainly defeated.

"Well you know, there's this someone in this house who is repeatedly watching videos of Astro like a thousand times in a day. I wonder if she doesn't gets sick and tired of the boys' faces!", I continued, teasing her.

Yet unsuccessful on teasing her, hearing the word Astro just made her smile brightly. Fangirl mode on. Here she goes again starting to talk about her idols and it would go on and go on for about an hour seemingly not getting tired of talking about them. And I was there, just listening this whole time.

" They're going to hold a concert! Let's buy ticket for two! Please come with me! ", she then said after awhile grabbing my arm in excitement.

"No", I plainly said in a serious way. It's just me teasing her again. Little did she know that I have already bought the tickets.

Her face turned gloomy and she's just there in silence with a bashful face.

"Well, forget about it. I know you'll not going to enjoy it, you're not even a fan of Astro", she responded in a very sad way. She really seemed miserable. I am enjoying teasing her and I am trying so hard to hold the laugh that I have been holding since I first saw her reactions.

"I'm glad you know!", I answered with a serious look on my face. Carly slumped back to bed now surrendering her dreams of an Astro Concert.

Meanwhile, I continued watching "While You Were Sleeping", pretending to ignore her.

And it was all but silence in the next couple of minutes, only the voices from the drama can be heard in the room. Neither of us dared to speak a single word and then Carly stood up and walked towards the window.

"It's snowing outside", she said. She remained still for quite sometime admiring the white little snow falling from the night sky.

"Are you hungry?", she then asked.

"I don't really have the appetite right now", I honestly responded without taking my eyes off the screen of the laptop.

" Well, I'm hungry. I'll just go and fix us some dinner.", she said and walked straight to the door.

I'm wondering what she'll be cooking. I continued what I was doing but after sometime the aroma of the food she's cooking got me some major curiosity and I ended up leaving my room and find myself walking straight to the kitchen.

And there she is, adding clams and shrimp on what seemed to be a chili sauce and stirred it quickly.

" Wow. Haemul Sundubu Jigae!!", I excitedly remarked getting back my appetite. She's cooking a Korean Spicy Soft Tofu Stew.

She's now adding dried kelp and anchovy stock. And now it is boiling, she then added salt and stirred it. The aroma kills me.

Watching this is like torture for my hungry stomach. I'm getting even hungrier.

She's now adding tofu, mushroom and egg. It smells delicious. Watching this is even getting harder for me to take. I am evenmore astonished and amazed by how good she cooks, she seemed like a professional chef.

And now she's topping it up with green onion, black pepper and sesame oil. The food is done now.

I felt useless, all I can do is to just watch here and wait. I'm grateful to have Carly by my side, for a food lover like me, a friend like her is heaven sent.

She served it hot in a pot with steamed rice and side dishes.

I immediately jump on one of the chair and feasted on the food. Unknown to me is the teasing gaze of Carly and I caught a glimpse of her while I am about to gulp a spoonful of rice.

" I thought you don't have the appetite", she said smirking in a teasingly way.

"Uhm. Well, yeah, sort of earlier but I'm hungry now", I responded with a smile and I continued eating. Carly knows how much I love food, she just smiled and started eating as well.

After just about ten minutes, I am already almost done. The food is too delicious that I just can't stop eating. I sat there feeling satisfied, a good dose of food is enough to make me happy.

I smiled feeling contented and then suddenly an idea came to mind.

I won't be able to enjoy food this much if I have to become a model. I have to be on a strict diet. Thinking about this made my heart sunk. Is it really a good idea to get into modelling?, asking myself having second thoughts again.

Carly must have seen the downcasted look in my eyes which led her to ask " Why? Is there something you're worried about?" .
I can feel the concern from her voice and I don't want to worry her from the time being so I tried hard to show a geniune smile.

" No, it's nothing", I said with a wide smile starting to fix and clean the table. Both of us done eating, I'll be washing the dishes now.

Carly was just there sitting on one of the chair chitchatting with me. It's something that I love that makes me enjoy washing the dishes.

" Do you have class tomorrow?", I asked while holding down a bowl under the faucet, rinsing the foam of detergent from it.

" Nope! Guess we'll be staying home again the whole day tomorrow!", she answered.

" Oh come on, I'm so sick of staying at home. I want to go somewhere I can feel relaxed, somewhere I can admire the nature!", I then uttered while drying the dishes with a cloth.

" Me too!", she responded nodding, agreeing to my thoughts.

" Shall we go and explore Nami Island then?", I remarked excitedly. I have been dreaming to go there since I was still in China.

" Wow! That's a great idea! ", Carly responded with excitement. It will be a first time for the both of us.

"It will be an awesome day tomorrow", I thought and smiled while placing the last piece of bowl on the dish cabinet.