Chapter 4 - Dream Job

Silence is deafening and boredom creeps in. Left alone in this apartment, I am thinking of the most productive activity to get myself into.

I disliked being home alone. I am monophobic which is something that had been with me since childhood. I dont know when or why it started but I just hated being alone in a house, for as long as I can remember.

Carly enrolled for a Korean language class and today marks her first day. She's a full blooded Chinese so it's a must for her to learn and understand Hangul. I'm sure it will be difficult.

"Poor Carly, this is because of me dragging her here unexpectedly"

Good thing, My Mom is a South Korean, and she taught me to speak her language since I was a little kid, so Hangul is not a problem for me anymore.

So now here I am left alone contemplating and anticipating of anything that I can possibly think of.

"The quiteness is killing me! Urgh. I really need to get out of here", I thought to myself.

I am stuck there on the soft couch of the living room, deciding on what could be a perfect reason to go outside.

And being able to finally come up of a resolution, It came to me that maybe today might actually be the perfect time for job hunting again.

I am aspiring for a job that is not as in demand as others, so I have already set an expectation that it would take some time for me before I could get one. I'll need to be patient.

But since I have so much time in my hands right now, It wont hurt to visit the job agencies again, who knows maybe today fortune would be on my side.

Now on my way to one of the job agencies I frequented before, it suddenly struck me that riding a taxi every time is actually a hassle in a way that I can't go to places as I please. The bus route still seems to be very complicated to me that I haven't tried riding the bus yet. I guess, buying my own car would be a better option instead. Why haven't I thought of this before?

"Because you're busy thinking of Lee Jong-suk, silly", answering myself that made the driver tilt it's head a little towards me.

" Great! This driver will be added on the list of people who thinks Abigail is mad", I glowered at myself and looked towards the streets we pass by.

Gangnam is such a beautiful place surrounded with buildings of unique and splendid architectural designs, cafes and restaurants serving variety of finest cuisines, as well as famous shopping districts, fashion boutiques, designer stores and department stores.

I can see many young people walking through the streets dressed fashionably almost model-like.

I can say this place is haven for wealthy millenials who loves shopping and all the luxury of life.

I have completely made up my mind that I won't leave this place no matter what.

Minutes passed and now I find myself standing in front of the tall building of the agency popular for recruiting celebrity's make up artists, PA's and such.

Fingers-crossed, I stride through with the stacatto beat of my high-heeled shoes echoing off the building's ground floor.

I approached the concierge and was directed to the farthest corner of the left wing of the establishment.

Upon entering a four-cornered room of black and white interior design which is surprisingly pleasing to the eyes, a middle-aged woman eagerly typing on the computer's keyboard turned her attention to me, stood up and greeted me warmly.

" I suppose you are here to check for a job vacancy?", she asked in a formal tone back now on her throne.

"Yes", I replied the woman is still eyes-focused on me.