Thirty-five

Laying on top of Carlisle naked in the middle of a field was not Veda's vision of how she would first make love. But either way she was happy. Veda finally faced her fear.

"Are you ready to go back love?" Carlisle's deep honey voice laced her ears as he traced her skin with his finger.

"Yeah.. Rena and Carson are probably worried sick." Veda said softly as she looked into Carlisle's eyes.

Softly their lips met again but Veda pulled back. "I would go for round two but we should get back Mr. Cullen as you have left you guests to fend for themselves."
Veda teased as she got up and got dressed.

After the two were dressed they sped ran home. As they go to the porch, Carson and Rena ran and crushed Veda in a hug tackling her to the ground.

"Ouch."
"You're back!!"
"We thought you left us.." Carson said quietly.
"Now why would I do that? I love you two way too much. Now come here and tell me what you guys did while I was gone."

With that the two young newborns talked with Veda telling them what happened while she was gone. From afar Carlisle was watching her, his Veda interact with the newborns.

"Thinking of becoming a real father Carlisle?" Edward walked over. Smiling Carlisle shook his head unsure of what to respond with.

"I don't know." He answers truthfully.

As the night progressed, the vampires gathered around a campfire and told war stories as the next day was the day they would fight the Volturi.

"You know the Carson kid kind of looks like you." Edward said with a smile making Carlisle raise an eyebrow at his son.

"I've read their minds, they consider Veda to be their new mom. Though Rena regularly has thoughts about you being in their life." Edward said with a slight pause but then continued.

"Right now Rena is thinking positively about you as you made Veda smile. And have messy hair for some unknown reason."
"I forgot she was young.."
"Carson is slightly disgusted that you two did the dirty. But I happy as apparently Veda doesn't look stressed anymore."
"You can stop reading their minds Edward."

"And Veda is thinking..."
"Edward!"