09

Jimin was still crouching on the pavement as a black car stopped in front of him, the slamming sound of a closing car door making him look up.

Within mere seconds a tall, raven haired boy appeared in his sight, crouching down beside him. A hand reassuringly on his back. A hand, that radiated warmth onto his cold and drained body, giving him strength, though he started silently sobbing again. He felt numb. Numb because of all the crying, because of the pain that pulsed in his whole body, making every move painful. Numb because there was no happiness left. Because he felt nothing more than a burden.

"Hey, it's me ok? Jungkook. I'm here. Come here."

His voice was so soothing and calming.

He cautiously grabbed jimin's arm and supported his back, afraid of his fragile figure to scatter into pieces. Together they got up, his arms immediately embracing Jimin. He buried his head in Jungkook's chest, tears staining his hoodie as painful whimpers and sobs escaped his lips. Jimin's arms tightly wrapped up around his waist as Jungkook soothingly patted his back, the other hand played with strands of his hair in an attempt to end the war within his mind.

His presence engulfing him with a reassuring sense of safety. Warmth and comfort.

"Come one, we are going home", Jungkook muttered after jimin calmed down a little bit. He pulled back, grabbed his hand and lead him to his car, opening the passenger seats door, letting him inside and buckling his seat belt.
After getting inside the car by himself he started the engine, driving to his apartment through the dark and gloomy night.

They arrived at his apartment. Walking up the stairs, Jungkook made sure to never let go of Jimin's hand, afraid that he would stumble or simply vanish. The feeling of having the urge to protect him only grew within the last 15 minutes of carefully driving home, watching him tiredly crouching in the passengers seat.

He opened the door and a comfortable warmth immediately surrounded them. Jimin was too drained to notice anything else but the nice warmth and the delicate smell in the air, a mixture of coffee, wood and old books.
He slipped out of his shoes, Jungkook carefully guiding him into his bathroom. He noticed jimin's bloody sleeve and limping right away as he silently placed him on bathtub. His arms at jimin's sides, he sternly looked into his puffy and red eyes.

"You know you can trust me, right?"

A silent nod.

"Minnie... who did this to you? What the hell happened?"

He didn't want to tell him. He didn't want to drag him into this, though he already was. He never wanted to tell anyone, just get through this until he could move out, collecting himself, get his life together and live on. It's just a dumb and complicated phase, nothing to worry about- he always told himself in order stay sane.

"I'm sorry"

Another tear slipped down his face, he looked everywhere but into his eyes.

"I'm so sorry"

He couldn't bare Jungkook worried face, making her feel even guiltier.

"It's okay - you.. you don't have to tell me anything" he said, not wanting to push him into something he clearly wasn't comfortable with.

Though, jimin's mouth started talking automatically. Like a surviving mechanism, he started to talk. "No, no - I want to". He couldn't keep it in anymore, his heart aching, a lump in his throat he carried on for so long. He had to tell someone. And this someone should be Jungkook.

"M-my father", he said, barely audible, lowering his head.

He noticed a silent gasp, making him lock eyes with Jungkook. An unreadable expression flustered his face, a mixture of anger, fear and compassion.