arriving at the park a bit early, areum sat on the swing. it was a bit disappointing yet amusing to her as her legs were longer than they were before. the swings were only for toddlers and little kids, but areum was a teenager so the swing was too small for her.

with her legs awkwardly placed in front of her, she began to push herself slowly back and forth. the park was empty as not a single child was seen in sight. not even the squirrel that would come out to greet everyone when it was eager to visit the happy children.

areum sighed a little. things had changed. the park was a bit old, and the swings made squeaky noises when she would swing back and forth. it made her sad, but she enjoyed it nonetheless.

suddenly, she felt hands cover her eyes as someone was heavily breathing into her ear as if they had been running a marathon without taking a rest.

"guess who."

areum grinned. "hyunjin." her best friend let out a small groan, tiredly slipping himself on the swings as he shook his head a little.

"why did i even bother? of course you'll know it's me!" he exclaimed, fanning himself a little with his hands. he didn't see what she was holding in her grasp as she practically hid it away from his sight.

areum shrugged. "best friend instincts. anyways, what took you so long? i probably waited for like three hours." it's only been a day since the two made up, but they're back to being close as ever as they were before. the long week without each other was a waste.

"i was at maci's house for a small chat with her father," he explained to her slowly, a small frown on his face. areum's expression softened. "i think he doesn't like me that much. i don't know what's wrong with me, but yeah, he doesn't like me at all."

areum narrowed her eyes at him. "what did maci do?"

hyunjin shrugged a little. "nothing. she just told me that it was too early to meet her father yet she was the one who suggested it. i guess she didn't want me to meet her father at all."

he covered his face with one hand, ashamed. hyunjin didn't know what he did wrong, but he hated that he wasn't able to show more of himself to maci's father. he would've done more to prove himself that he was the one for her.

"i'm not going to be the one who will make your decisions for you or tell you your real feelings for maci, but it'll be okay," areum said to him, though she hated the thought of him with maci. the longer they were together, the more it drove her insane. "you're strong, hyunjin, you've always been strong. you never give up, which means -"

areum took out her chocolates that she hid behind her. she waved it in the air a little to show him, and hyunjin's face lit up in shock and happiness when he saw the box of chocolates.

"what?" he gaped, reaching out for the box as she gladly handed it to him with a huge smile on her face. "the- these - chocolates!"

"you remember, don't you?" areum looked relieved as the smile on her face never made its exit.

hyunjin nodded enthusiastically. he stood up and out of pure happiness he brought her up with him. hugging the life out of her, he let his chin drop on the top of her head, squeezing her.

"i love you so much," hyunjin said honestly. "i really do. you have no idea."

she wrapped her arms around him, burying her head into his chest. she didn't know why she felt emotional all of a sudden, but maybe it was because she cried tears out of happiness.