Chapter 10

"Sam please do not tell me that was the reason why you left." He takes my hands and places it in his with disbelieve. Looking deep into my eyes his sole focus.

Biting my lip with sudden doubt that came knocking without a warrant. Looking into his eyes with the same intensity that is being reflected, "The night of prom it started..."

"What about the night of prom Sam... I knew something was wrong when I looked for you after you went to the bathroom and went missing. I was completely worried, until I was told that Todd took you home." He announces with awareness, suddenly putting one and one together.

"I was in the bathroom when I heard them talking Nate, they couldn't of known that I was in the bathroom at that exact moment. Stephanie told Lynn about the affair use were having Nate! Suddenly consumed with anger that I haven't felt in years. "She mentioned your birth mark on your inner left thigh Nate, she mentioned how use would sneak off while I was in dance classes. It was too detailed for me to not be true. She even mentioned that she was pregnant with your child because use never bothered to use protection!" I shouted.

"You broke my heart, you asked me to marry you and you did that to me. I couldn't stay. I had to leave. So I took the next option and I went to college in New York instead." I cried, trying to move my hand away from his, but he gripped it and wouldn't let go.

"I'm disappointed that you never came to me about this Sam. When you left, you took my heart with you. Why would you listen to them in the first place? Why wouldn't you ask me about it first before jumping to conclusions Sam?" His handsome face filled with so much sorrow, I had no other choice but to look away.

"Do you know how she knew about my birth mark?" He asks while turning my face to meet his. Refusing to surrender myself to the longing in his eyes.

Shaking my head, "No."

"Because she almost drowned at the pools one day and I was the only life guard on duty. She must of seen it when I helped her."

Embarrassed to say anything else but, "Oh."

Before I could even react, he pulled me up against him roughly. My heart attacking my chest like two fighters in a ring. Staring down into my eyes, I unknowingly lick my lips. The past forgotten and replaced by desire. The desire to kiss him. To be held by him. He watches my tongue slowly, like a hawk as I lick my lips and gently bite it in between my teeth. Knowing full well that it's his kryptonite. He moves his hand around my neck and pulls me into a kiss. So soft and light, it leaves me breathless. He sucks on my tongue twice before letting me go. Completely in a daze and forcing myself to open my eyes.

When our breathing comes to a moderate pace a few seconds later, I hesitantly open my eyes and look into his. Without much of a thought, I hug him tightly. Missing this. Missing him. I inhale his scent and I'm instantly filled with memories of us doing just this. 

"I've always been faithful to you Sam. You would know that if you never jumped to conclusions." He sighs discouraged.

"Will you give me a second chance?" He whispers into my ear as he leads me to my door. Still in a daze thinking about that kiss shared between us.

With thousands of thoughts going through my head, I finally answer, "Yes."

He leans down, eyes filled with desire only for me. He kisses my forehead, then my nose softly and looks me dead in the eyes and kisses me once more on the lips but roughly biting my lips in the process, "I'm glad you're back Sam", he whispers before heading back home.

                 ****************

The next few weeks are filled with bliss. Time passing by faster than a racecar in a championship tournament. Nate is taking the time to show me all the spots we use to go to as we reminisce over the high-school days when we were young and in love. Compared to 5 years ago, time has been good to him as his grown into a handsome man. As we chat I'm surprised to find out that he hasn't been in a relationship with anyone since me because his always compared everyone to me.

Sitting on the back of his truck, I'm feeling nostalgic as I give him a gentle head massage, while his head is in my lap. I missed this. This familiarity with Nate, the coming home after a long time away.

He looks at me and pulls me down to kiss me passionately. He grips my head to pull me closer. I'm lost in his embrace as he pulls at my heart strings. We finally stop to breathe, "stay", he asks breathlessly.

"I can't..." I whisper. Closing my eyes I mentally add distance between us, as the presence becomes tense. "Please take me back home," I suddenly announce as I move him off me slowly to get ready to leave. I've been distracted to long, I need to leave and go back to New York I remind myself.

Nate doesn't say anything, he walks to the car door and just nods. So many emotions flickering through his eyes, his eyes being so expressive it makes me turn my head to the window when I get into the car instead.

The moment we arrive at mama's place, we stay seated. The silence deafening, which leaves minutes suddenly feeling like hours but in reality it's not.

"You know Sam, I can't keep trying to prove myself to you. I can only do so much before I lose myself once more. Losing you was the hardest experience in my life, I still have scars." He says defeated.

He fiddles somewhere below his car seat to pull out an envelope.
Looking at it confused, "This is the merger agreement, I signed it," he says sadly.

"Thank you Nate..." suddenly overwhelmed with emotions.

"I'm letting you go Sam, that's what you want right? He despondently asks.

Completely speechless and tongue tied. He takes that as his answer before he gets out of the car in order to open the door for me.

"I love you Sam, don't forget that," he says before kissing my lips gently goodbye.

I watch as he gets into his car and drives away, taking my heart away with him.

***********************************

Oh my heart

Please Comment / Vote / Follow

Love you guys
Jade

Love you guysJade