Chapter 9

One week later...

"You can't ignore him forever Sam."

"Doesn't mean I won't stop trying. Can you believe the fool wants a second chance. How dare he? He cheated on me mama. He wanted to marry me, but where is the loyalty in that?" I mumble frustrated. Yet the fact that this whole week I couldn't stop thinking about Nate, with his eyes and devilish smile.

The hold he has on me even though it's been five years, still affects me like no other. We were meant to be or so I thought.

First time I met him I was 6 and he stole my breathe away. No, he literally stole my breathe away when he fell down from the tree and landed on me. Mama says we were both lucky that day because we both could of gotten seriously hurt. Not long after that we became the best of friends before we realised we wanted to be more than that.

Every moment with Nate was special. Like eating your favourite ice-cream and never getting full or sick of it. He protected me but still managed to be my everything.

"Sam why would Nate cheat on you, it doesn't make sense. You meant so much to him." Mama commented while drinking some tea.

"Clearly not as much as I thought. Where's the kid though?" Looking at my almost empty cup.

"There was no kid Sam." Mama says while standing up. "Did you ever think maybe those girls lied?" She's shaking her head while walking to the sink.

With a million questions going through my mind, I whisper, "it doesn't matter now, does it?"
"After this merger, I'm going back". I state more to empty space than to myself.

****************

The next morning, I wake up to a text from Nate.

Nate: Meet up 4 breakfast?

Me: I ate.

Nate: I'm sure you have room for waffles.

Me: Maybe...

Nate: Sounds like a yes. Is that a yes? Please be a yes...

Me: lol. Fine but only because I like waffles.

What am I getting myself into? I ponder to myself. His making me question everything. A message alert draws me out of my thoughts.

Nate: See you soon beautiful

Be still my beating heart. I think while getting ready for this breakfast.

****************

While Nate is on the phone, I slowly take him in. His completely grown to be a handsome man. His eyes, his face and his kissable lips. He doesn't make it obvious at the fact that I'm checking him out. Just smiling while talking to the person on the other end of the call.

"Mr Biggs, please have your assistant forward me the relevant details and I'll look over the contract as soon as I can." He smiles at me and my heart just stops beating for a second.

The food arrives just as he ends the call. "Mmmmm these waffles smell delicious," he says while inhaling the aroma.

"They don't make them like these in New York." I state while overloading my waffles with syrup.

"I never thought I would see you again Sam." Nate starts to say.

"I thought I was dreaming when you walked into my office," he says with sadness. "This five years were hard without you."

"The thing is Sam, I don't know why you left this town, why you left me. But I'm not signing any contract until I get a second chance."

"Please don't make it harder than it already is." I start to tremble.

"Sam, please. Just be honest and tell me why you left me."

It feels like everything is starting to become to much and I stand up ready to leave the restaurant. Blinded by pride.

He grips my hand suddenly, "Please".

Tears start to form, "I'm sorry I can't," I cry before storming out.

He rushes out after me and pulls me towards him. He then hugs me tightly while moving my hair out of my face.
"Whatever I did wrong. I'm sorry," he says before kissing my forehead.

He holds me tightly and I'm consumed by his masculine scent. My tears stop and I'm squeezing him to me as if he was my life line

"I heard Lynn and Stephanie that night."

He looks at me, "What are you talking about Sam. What night?"

"Prom night, Nate. I overhead Lynne discuss your affair with Stephanie. How she was pregnant and that you too were planning on eloping together."

***********************************

Love you guys

Please Comment / Vote / Follow