Chapter 5

Waking up to the smell of bacon early in the morning, was refreshing. I missed this. I missed waking up to my mama cooking breakfast. Stretching and yawning simultaneously, I get up to do my morning routine. Heading to the shower I hear my phone's message ping alert. Walking to my night stand, I retrieve and unlock my phone. A new message pops up.

Ms.Jones u have an appointment with Texan Entreprises at 11 am sharp.
Stacy

Sigh, lets get this business merger over and done with.

"Mmmm, this smells delicious mama, definately missed your home cooked meals", I announce looking at my mama, whose busy infront of the stove.

"They dont feed you enough up in New York my dear, you way to thin. Sit so that I can feed you." She says while putting bacon into my plate.

After shoving over enough bacon in to my mouth, I see Derek entering the kitchen looking all dirty and stuff.

"Uhm, Derek..."

"Yes Sammy pie" he laughs teasingly. Ergh, baby brothers.

"Can I use betty today? I need it for work."

"Yes, just dont harm her." He says tossing me the keys.
Pfft almost like that rust bucket can get any uglier.

Entering, Texan Enterprises, I'm hit with a sudden nervousness. My partnership depends on this merger. I have to get it, no questions asked. One month was all I had. Heading to the receptionist, I take my time to glance around, its magnificient. The interior is done in dark brown leather and the walls are a beautiful shade of cream. Yet still modernized. Meeting the eyes of the receptionist before me, I decide to speak.

"Good morning my name is Samantha Jones from Stones Entreprises, I have an appointment at 11am with... "
Before I could even finish my sentence, she interrupts me.

"His expecting you. Please head straight to level 2. You can't miss his office." She smiles while indicating to me where's the lift.

After a few moments I finally find his office door. Looking around nervously, I straighten out all my imaginary crinkles in my pencil shirt. I adjust my white blouse, take a breath and knock on the door.

"Come in..." a strangely familiar accent calls out.

Releasing yet another breath I turn the handle. Get your nerves together, I half-willed myself. This partnership depends on it.

The moment I enter, I'm flabbergasted by the simplicity of the room. I need to remind myself to get the number of the interior designer, before I leave. I'm distracted by the rooms beauty that I forgot my purpose of being here.

After taking everything in, my eyes finally land on the owner of the office. If it were to be fate, pfft that really doesnt exist and I'm not planning on believing it any time soon. But as if the clock stroke 12 at midnight, or 11:04 in todays time, our eyes met.

"Nathan..?" I grasp in shock, suddenly taking a step back, as if burnt. I feel like my world's going to crash around me, especially the moment when he says my name.

"Samantha..?" He cries. I immediately see all the emotions take effect just looking into his eyes. That very instant recognition, hurt, regret, relief and disappointment flashed through them.

Out of all the people to be the CEO of Texan Entreprises... it had to be him. I knew I shouldn't of driven that rust bucket betty, shes always brought me bad luck.

***********************************

Please Comment / Vote / Follow

Love Jade