Bizarrodale

"If it's about that, I really think you need to go get a bag of carrots from the cafeteria

"If it's about that, I really think you need to go get a bag of carrots from the cafeteria."

Being summoned to the mayoral office means someone did good or they did really bad. The latter is the reason why Hermione called Veronica, Reggie, and Mickey into her office just before school.

"Since you three vigilantes took it upon yourselves to burn all the Fizzle Rocks that I had already sold, you are gonna come up with the money to pay back what's owed."

"And how are we supposed to do that?" Reggie asks hesitantly. He's in a weird position. He likes Veronica, so he has to tread lightly because it's always a better idea to get on the in-law's good side.

Hermione takes off her glasses and makes a suggestion. "I'd start with the speakeasy's coffers."

"Well that's not possible," Mickey says forwardly. "We don't make nearly enough to pay off whatever kingpin you're working with, Mom."

"Well, then I suggest you get creative, mija. And quickly," she leans back in her chair. "The buyer, who has a reputation for being dangerously unhinged, is on their way to Riverdale, and they're looking to get paid back in full for the drugs they are not getting."

Veronica squirms in her chair nervously and then asks, "Who is this buyer?"

"You don't need to know. They're sending an intermediary."

Reggie's shoulders slump. "How much money are we talking about, Mrs. Lodge?"

When Hermione holds out a piece of paper, Mickey reaches for it and unfolds it to read a great big number scribbled on it. She has to bite her lip to stop her jaw from dropping.

Veronica speaks for all of them when she says, "And suddenly, I'm in an episode of Ozark."

"No," Hermione shakes her head. "But you are in the big leagues now, and it is time to sink or swim."

Later in the day, Mickey's sitting in the student lounge with Kevin and Sweet Pea—a weird and amazing trio.

Kevin snaps his fingers in front of her face, "Earth to Mickey. I need to vent."

"If it's about that," she points to the pile of candy he has been snacking on, "I really think you need to go get a bag of carrots from the cafeteria."

"Hey, he's supplying my sugar needs today," Sweet Pea leans over and takes another twizzler from its package.

Kevin says, "It's not about the candy. It's about Moose."

"Uh-oh," Sweet Pea says as he flips another page of his book for English class.

Mickey nudges Sweet Pea before asking Kevin, "Trouble in paradise?"