Shadow of a Doubt

"

"...and I think something bad is going to happen, guys. Something really bad. I've never seen him like that before."

"An assortment of boys are in our dining room right now. How do you want to play it?"

Ever since word got out about what Mickey and Veronica did to Nick St. Clair, a lot of attention has been casted on to them—especially from mobsters and molls their father used to associate with.

The five families have sent their "princes" to court the Lodge "princesses." It's all very traditional and in the name of business and political alliances. That doesn't mean it can't be fun.

Veronica smirks, "We might be in Kansas, but we still play by the New York rules. Make 'em wait." She grabs Mickey's hand and they walk into the dining room. "Well, well, well," she announces their entrance.

Mickey looks each of the boys in the eye, trying to find something that might check them off of the list before the games even begin. "Aren't you boys a handsome assortment of he-devils?"

Hermione squeezes between Veronica and Mickey and wraps an arm around both of their torsos. "Veronica, Mickey, these young men have come to pay their respects."

"Oh, we know why they're here, Mom," Mickey says.

"And while we're dying to hear proposals, we are already late for school." Veronica says, "Come on, Mickey. Maybe we can squeeze them in tomorrow?"

Hermione grabs Veronica's elbow to stop her from walking away. Softly, she asks, "Uh, tomorrow?"

"You do things your way, Mom, we do things ours."

Mickey nods with a smirk. "Leave the boy toys to us."

Mickey paces outside of the boys' locker room, waiting for the boys to come out. Earlier, Kevin spilled that he was joining Archie's reconstituted Dark Circle and she isn't happy about it at all. She thinks back on their conversation:

"Kev, why does history have to repeat itself for you to see that this is a bad idea?"

He furrows his brows. "What's a bad idea? Trying to get my Dad his job back?"

"Every circle that has been formed by Archie has disbanded because it only escalated things! Why would he even do this?"

When Mickey asked that question, she wasn't thinking. But as she walks back and forth in front of the blue double doors, the answer becomes crystal clear. Her father.

Commotion comes from inside the locker room. A few seconds later, the doors burst open and the Dark Circle storms out, ready.

Mickey follows behind the group, grabbing Kevin's arm . "What the hell is going on?"