Angels in America

✿

Mickey uses her remote to switch off her television. She doesn't need to hear anything else from Alice about Percival's latest idea—a privately-owned railway that will drive "right through the heart of Riverdale." It wouldn't surprise Mickey if that gained a lot of favor from the townspeople because the railway would bring jobs, tourism, and revenue. The only downside that might get push back is Percival's idea to put a stop at the diner, which would mean demolishing Pop's.

Tabitha needed to get support against the idea and she had many stops to make, but she knows she can always count on Mickey. That's why, even though they're not talking at the moment, Tabitha is confident when she knocks on Mickey's door. She has all the faith that Mickey will stand by her side.

For some stupid reason, Mickey opens the door without checking through the peephole. When she sees Tabitha, her mood plummets.

"I have been calling you all morning," Tabitha tells her. "I need back up. Did you see the news today?"

Mickey leans against the edge of the door. "Yes," she says nonchalantly.

Tabitha frowns. "And you still ignored my calls?" It stings a bit. "Come on. Isn't it time we move on from me working with Veronica?"

"I really don't want to work another scheme right now. Truthfully, I can't get over you betraying me. I've got an idea!" she fakes enthusiasm. "Why don't you go ask my sister, your new partner, for help?"

Then the door is slammed in Tabitha's face.

That evening, Jughead and Tabitha are eating at their dining table discussing Tabitha's failed attempt to gain support from their friends.

"Every person I went to turned me down." She lists them off, "Archie, Betty, Veronica, Toni, Cheryl, and even Mickey."

Jughead puts his fork down, "She's still mad at you?"

The corners of her mouth turn down. "I guess me working with Veronica cut a little deeper than I expected."

A knock on their front door interrupts their conversation and Jughead jumps up to answer it. When he swings open the door, he glances over his shoulder at Tabitha. "Speaking of the devil..."

Mickey enters their home with a guilt-riddled expression. She goes straight to the dining area to Tabitha. "Let me first say how sorry I am that I slammed the door in your face this morning. The diner is a special place and it's such a big deal in this community. I was being petty this morning when I turned you away, but of course I'll stand in solidarity with you." Ever since this morning, Mickey couldn't believe she didn't jump at the moment to help Tabitha with the diner. It wasn't okay to be spiteful.

Tabitha's smile is small even though she appreciates Mickey being there. "I'm glad to hear you say that, but Percival's painted me into a corner. To the point where there's a part of me that's started to wonder is it possible his proposal is actually what's best for the town?"