The song Johnny Boy started playing, and Elijah smirked. Then she and Bucky began to circle each other. Bucky wants her to make the first move, but he believes himself to be prepared to attack her if needed. Elijah too is waiting for him to make the first move. She wants to study the way he fights; she wants to know how he fights and see if he favors a move or an arm/leg more than the other. She wants to study his attacks to think on which moves she can counteract, and which moves she must avoid. 

(She's a very strategic fighter, and always studies her prey, especially while fighting)

They bounce around a bit, and Bucky began to grow impatient (if he knew she was going to be stubborn and not make the first move, he probably would have attacked by now). Suddenly he lunges forward and makes a move towards her head. Quickly Elijah moves out of the way and continues to dodge his attacks as he tries again. This time when he goes to punch her, she wraps her hands around his arm and pulls it into her chest. Not slowing (or giving him a chance to try to counteract) Elijah lifts his arm above her head and turns around so that she's now on the other side of his body. He turns confused (did she just spin him?), but Elijah sees that he's angry too. Before he can even make another move, she goes for an attack. Her palm hits Bucky's chest, so that his attention focuses to that area, and Elijah quickly grabs his shoulders, and pulls herself over him. She hooks her elbows into his; then kicks his feet back and swings him over her body. He landed roughly on his back, winded and groaning. 

Elijah smiles at him, and he huffs (he really didn't think this teenager would be able to defeat him). 

She helps him up, and shakes his hand, smiles, and walks back over to her water. That was much easier than it should have been, but of course he was smug and arrogant in thinking that just because she's young he could beat her in a fight. 

She takes a sip from her water, and as she puts it down a bright light appears on the other side of the room. She turns abruptly and sees that the bright light turns into some sort of rift. Everyone is put on edge and ready for a fight. 

Then a large group of men begin to pour out of the portal. Elijah begins to back away from the men, wanting to regroup with the Avengers, but before she gets to them, she hits a wall. There shouldn't be a wall there. She turns around and finds that there's some sort of force field or invisible wall separating her from the Avengers and Natasha. Natasha, seeing her daughter abruptly stop and look at the air in confusion runs to her daughter, but is stopped when she hits the force field. Confusion rings through her as well but fearing for her daughter (because there is a large group of armed men pouring through some sort of portal) she begins to bang on the wall.

Elijah looks to her mother's frightened face (something's she never seen before) and sees that she's saying something, but Elijah can't hear whatever it is. No sound passes through the wall. 

Elijah hears a weapon cock and turns to face the men. They surrounded her while she was distracted with the wall and her mother. Seeing that Elijah is the only one able to fight the men, she silently counts their numbers and weapons. There is around twenty of them and they all have guns, but they seem to be some kind of stun gun. That could be good or bad depending on the intentions of the men.

Then one of the men lunges at her. She blocks his hit, and flips him onto the ground, breaking his shoulder, and knocking him out. She runs at two men and does a judo kick, one falls to the ground unconscious, and she wraps her legs around the other one's neck. She twists her body, and feels his neck break, he falls to the ground limp. She attacks seven more guys, effectively knocking them out, or killing them. That's when the remaining few realize that they won't be able to fight her and begin to shoot at her. 

Elijah dodges the tranquilizer darts and takes a gun from one of the guys. She uses him as a shield, and he's hit a few times, falling unconscious. She shoots a few of them men, getting rid of them. With 6 left she goes for one but is attacked from behind. She flips him over, and breaks his neck, but in the process was hit with one of the tranq darts. She pulls it out of her leg and attacks another man. The poison from the dart slowed her down a little, but not enough to where she would lose. 

She takes two more down, but again is shot by one of the darts. She slows and is shot one more time before taking out another man. This much poison causes her to stumble, this stumble allows the remaining 4 men to shoot her with four more darts. She may have been able to build up a tolerance to drugs and poisons, but everyone has their limit, this is hers. Elijah falls to her knees and slowly everything turns black. 

These men weren't expecting Elijah's abilities in fighting or resisting the poison, but the remaining few where thankful that they hadn't been taken out by the young girl. Once they see her unconscious, one of them picks her up bridal style, following the rest back to the portal. The three men left go in before the one carrying Elijah. He takes down the barrier, and Natasha and the Avengers run as fast as they can to Elijah, hoping to get her back. The man smirks under his mask, and steps through the portal. 

As soon as he steps through it, the portal closes, and the Avengers are left behind. 

Natasha crumples to the ground in tears, while the other Avengers were stunned. Natasha lost her daughter before the two of them could truly connect, and this broke her. 

A/N: Please remember to not read past the chapters with and * at the end of the title. Things may change and if you read ahead, you might get confused on things that I still need to change. Thank you and enjoy.