Part XXIII

As always, Bill never failed to make you laugh but not the way Tom did. Whenever Tom made you laughed you were genuinely happy, like even after you laugh there this feeling of contentment.

"A penny for your thought?" Bill said making you looked at him.

"What?" You dumbfounded asked.

"What are you thinking, [Y/N]?" He asked in a worried tone.

"I... Bill.." you stuttered, feeling a bit scared and worried "Bill, I'm sorry but I can't do this anymore." You said lowering your gaze.

"What do you mean?" There was a pain in his voice "[Y/N], I don't understand."

"Bill, I want you to know that you are an amazing guy." You started holding his hands "and I appreciate all the things you've done for me."

"No, [Y/N] you are just confused." He said. Cupping your face "[Y/N], I love you."

"Bill, I'm sorry but I can't..."

"[Y/N], am I not good enough? I can't let you go. I love you." He repeated.

"I.. I know and I'll be forever grateful but I can't return your feelings." You said breaking not only his heart but yours "Bill, I like you and I don't want to hurt you because it hurts me too."

"Then be with me. [Y/N], be my girlfriend." He pleaded.

"Bill, I like you but not the way you feel about me."

"Is it because of Tom?" Bill asked with anger in his voice.

"Bill, Tom has nothing..."

"You love him." Bill said making an eye contact "[Y/N], I'm always here for you. Tom will just hurt you."

"That is not true." You fought back.

"[Y/N], guys like Tom will just end up hurting you. Maybe for now he will shower you with affection but later he will just take you for granted. He will go to different cities and meet different girls." Bill's voice was raising.

"Bill, stop it." You warned.

"No, [Y/N]. Not until you listen to me." He said holding your hands "Don't you think he will not be tempted if you will be away from him while he goes travel the world for his work and have ladies throwing themselves at him."

"He is not like that." You firmly told him.

"[Y/N], please. Just listen to me, I will follow you wherever you go. Just to be with you. I'm willing to give up my life here and be with you in London, so we can be together." His voice calmed down.

"I'm sorry, Bill. I'm not doing this so I can be with Tom, I'm doing this because I don't want to keep giving you false hope." Caressing his face "You deserves someone who can love you because Bill..." he looked at you with sadness in his eyes "Bill you give all the love you can and I don't deserve it. You will find someone for you." You said kissing him on the forehead "Goodbye."

With that you left him and didn't look back, knowing that you might go back to him and not say goodbye to him at all. You have already learned to love him but never the same way you love Tom. There is something magical whenever you were with Tom. You know that Bill will not talk to you after what you did. Yes, you will miss him but you know that this is for the best.

Arriving at your home, you were welcomed by Tom and you can no longer compressed it. You run into his arms and cried.

"Darling, What happened?" Tom asked kissing you on the hair.

"I ended things with Bill." You said, "I hurt him."

"[Y/N], you only did what you think is right." Tom's voice was so comforting.

"It hurt to see him in pain. Tom, he doesn't deserve to be hurt." You said, "I did him wrong."

"Hey, love." Tom was being gentle, caressing your face "look at me. [Y/N], look at me." He said which you did. His eyes was full of concern "don't think bad about yourself. You did what you have to do because you don't want to give him deeper wounds. Either way, he has to know and he will still get hurt."

"But.."

"[Y/N], if you keep seeing him and the he found out that you only seeing him out of petty it will hurt him more." Tom has a point. He brushed your tears and kissed you once more in the forehead "Don't think bad about yourself."

This is one of the reasons why you love Tom, you were never afraid to show him your tears. The sides of you that you don't want anyone to see. You can be you when you are with him and you don't need to pretend to be someone else.
You and Tom, stayed in the couch. His arms around you, comforting you.

|End of Part XXIII|