"you're bringing the jeep?" scott asked him.

"you know the plan, okay. no one gets left behind that's the plan. marcie and lydia aren't gonna have a problem getting into stanford. kira's thinking USF. malia's, uh, gonna, you know, she'll figure something out, okay. the plan is perfect." stiles said.

"or we could also wait until we actually get into college and then figure out where to live." scott said.

"i have a vision, dude. okay? and it is a beautiful vision. don't ruin the vision. okay, we can check out the east bay. haven't looked at oakland yet, you know." stiles said.

stiles looked back at scott to see him looking up at the moon.

"you all right? you starting to feel it?" stiles asked him.

"no. just thinking." scott replied.

"about what?" stiles asked.

"senior year." scott replied.

"senior year, come on, that's, thats... that's nothing. that's gonna be easy." stiles told him.

"it's more like something deaton told me once. you ever hear of regression to the mean?" scott asked.

"no, i don't think so." stiles said.

"it was basically his way of saying that life can't ever be all bad or all good. you know, eventually things have to come back to the middle. so, think about that last few months. things have been good, right? but not amazing." scott said.

"yeah, but no ones tried to kill us in six months either." stiles replied.

"right. we've been pretty much in the middle for a while. which means, at some point, the scale has to tip one way or the other. things are gonna get really good again..." scott trailed off.

"or really bad." stiles said.

they all looked up and watched the lighting in the sky.

"think it's been long enough?" stiles asked.

"yes!" they heard liam say.

they rolled their eyes and turned to liam who was chained to a tree.

"hey. trying to have an adult conversation over here." stiles told him.

"all right, you're two years older than me. and i'm fine. just let me go." liam said as scott went over to untie him.

"it's not that we don't trust you-" scott said but got cut off.

"it's that i don't trust you." stiles butted in.

"but after that last full moon." scott muttered.

"it was one slip up." liam said.

"slip up? a dozen calls to the sheriffs department about a monstrous dog boy running around the streets of beacon hills naked. that's a slip up?" stiles asked.

"why were you naked?" scott asked.

"it was really hot out that night, okay. let me go." liam said.