Chapter Six

Scarlet's P.O.V

A month after the dinner and ball, and my life just kept getting worse. After Edward had kissed me, Harry was so angry, and he decided to treat me like the rich do to the servants. And I know he’s the rich and I’m the servant, but what I mean is, he just turned horrible. And he expects me to love him?

Oh, and you want to know what else happened at the ball? We found out that Zayn has a newly made arranged marriage. He has to marry Princess Perrie, and we haven’t sorted out the Holly and April mess great life, isn’t it?

Anyway, so everyone knows how much Harry hates me, and vice versa. So, when April came in this morning asking me to look after Harry, because he has gotten quite ill, I was surprised.

“Why me?” I asked, as I smoothed out any wrinkles on Prince Liam’s bed. Oh, and I had gone back to being a servant for all of them. Why? I have no clue.

“Because you are the only one who can handle Harry properly. And because you are the only girl in the kingdom that doesn’t love him or has never loved him”

And why, when she said that, did I feel like she was wrong? I shook my head to get rid of the thought. “Fine, I’ll do it, but if he pushes me too far… I won’t be doing it”

April thought for a moment and nodded, “I guess that’s fair. He’s in his room, if you can get there before the Doctor leaves, then he can tell you what to do”

I nodded, and headed out of the room, I sighed, before heading into Harry’s room. The sight shocked me, Harry was lying in bed, quite pale looking, and kept muttering stuff. His curls were stuck to his forehead, covered in his sweat, and he was breathing heavy.

How long had he been like this? I looked at the doctor, who smiled at me, “I’m Doctor Brezen”

“Scarlet” I replied back, “So, how do I look after him?”

I already knew the answer, as I had looked after my younger and older siblings when they had gotten a fever, but I decided that it was best just to ask. “He’s been ill for the past four days” Which was when I realized that it had been four days since I had last seen Harry. “The fever should resolve itself, but someone needs to stay with him, in the room, the other maids are too worried about catching it themselves. But” said Doctor Brezen. Of course there was a but there always is “He’s worse than he should be, he keeps slipping in and out of consciousness, and keeps muttering. Also, his blood shows signs of being bitten and infected by a plague ridden rat”

“He could die…” I said quietly.

He nodded, “Yes he could, but, we need to do all we can to help him. Okay, there’s a cloth and a bucket of ice cold water” he pointed to a bench, which had the bucket and rag sitting on it. “There’s a bucket for him to throw up in if he needs to” he pointed to a bucket on the ground. “Mostly, you just need to keep him cool when he feels hot and hot when he feels cool, and keep him company”

I nodded, “I can do that”

The Doctor smiled, “Good, I’ll be back in two days to see how you’re going. Good day”

Before I could say anything else, he was out the door. I walked over to Harry, “Hey Harry” I said, as I dipped the rag in the bucket of water, before wringing it out.

“Scarlet…” Harry’s voice was weak. He sounded like a little kid, and his accent was thicker. “I got bitten by a rat”

I nodded, as I went to the job of cleaning his face and his curls which were covered in his sweat. Harry closed his eyes, and a smile appeared on his face, which showed off his dimples. “It feels… nice when you run your hands through my hair”