Chapter Twelve

Scarlet’s P.O.V

Today was the morning of the wedding. To say this place was busy was an understatement. Everyone was busy preparing for the wedding, and it was hard to get through this place without dropping anything.

I managed to get past everyone and get into Harry’s room, to get the bags with the dresses. I was greeted with light snores. I quietly walked over to Harry. He was sprawled under the covers, and his curls had fallen over his face.

My hand reached out towards his shoulder. I really didn’t want to wake him. “Harry,” I whispered as I shook him lightly. He let out a groan and swatted my hand away.

“Go away mum,” he moaned, before turning on his stomach and burying his head into the pillow. I raised an eyebrow.

“Harry!” I said shaking him harder. That seemed to do the trick. He sighed and sat up. He let out a yawn, ruffled his curls and turned around.

“Oh!” he said in surprise when he saw me, his green eyes wide. He then relaxed and smiled at me. “Morning Scarlet,”

“Do you have the bags with the dresses in them?” I asked. I noticed he was still wearing the same clothes from yesterday, minus the jumper.

“Oh!” Harry jumped up, and lay down on the floor, his hand reaching under his bed. “Sorry, forgot to tell you to get it yesterday. Here you go!” He stood up and proudly handed me the bag.

“You hid them under your bed?” I asked.

Harry shook his head. “Paul put them under there. It’s our secret place. But really it’s the only place the maids don’t clean.” His eyes flickered to his wardrobe. “Or go through,”

“How was your talk with your dad?” I asked.

He ran his fingers through his hair, and sighed. “Not very good. He doesn’t regret hitting the girls. Then he told me to name the servant I went with.” He collapsed onto his bed.

My eyes widened and my mouth had trouble forming the words. “Did you…” I couldn’t continue.

Harry’s head shot up, “No! I would never! But... I had to tell him someone’s name…”

I swallowed. “Who’s?” I asked.

“No one you know, no need to worry,” He gave me a small smile, before dropping his gaze to the floor.

“What’s wrong?” I asked as I put the bags on the ground and sat down next to him.

He paused, and gave me a smile. “Nothing, you better get going. The wedding is in three hours, and there is still a lot to be done,”

His eyes told a different story. He looked… worried? Something was bugging him. “Alright,” I said. I stood up and collected the bags. “I’ll see you later then,”

I walked over to the door and reached for the handle. “Not even a kiss?” Harry questioned as he wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder.

I blushed, and turned around. Harry flashed me a smile and gave me a quick kiss. Harry smiled, “Thanks, Goodbye,” He let go of me.

I opened my mouth to say something but I closed it. I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him. I stood on the tip of my toes and kissed his curls. I was still worried about what was bugging him. “See you later,” I whispered in his ear before pulling away and rushing down the cramped hall.

Someone hit into me and caused the bag with the accessories to slip out of my hand. April had gotten the bag for me earlier. I sighed and dropped to my knees. I started picking everything up, when a hand landed over mine, and took the item from me. “Let me help,”

My breath hitched at the voice. I looked up to see a familiar pair of brown eyes looking back at me. “Edward?” I asked quietly.

His face grew into a grin. “That’ll be me,” he said as he picked up some more bracelets. “I’m sorry about ignoring you like I did, I was wrong to do that.  Do you think we could start over again? From beginning?”

I looked at the ground. I thought it over; didn’t I really want to be friends with him? Did I really want to continue to have him in my life? Though, he did know the way out of this place. I met his gaze again. “Alright,” I held out my hand, for him to shake. “From beginning.”

He took my hand and shook it, a grin on his face. “I’m Edward, and you?”

“Scarlet,” I replied, returning the smile.

I picked up my two bags.  “I’ll see you around,” Edward said, before walking off.

I nodded, and continued walking. I stopped in front of Perrie’s door, and knocked. “Come in!” Zayn’s voice came.

I pushed the door open and closed it behind me. “Can I see her dress?” Zayn asked excitedly.

I shook my head. “Sorry, you’ve got to wait until the wedding. I think Harry’s got your suit, though,” I replied.

Zayn nodded, “Alright,” He got off Perrie’s bed and walked over to the table she was sitting at, and he placed a kiss on Perrie’s cheek. “See you later,”

“Bye!” said Perrie as he closed the door behind him. She had a genuine smile on her face, and looked very happy. But her smile quickly fell. “Okay, let’s get this done with,” she said.

I pulled the blue dress out of the bag, and showed it to her. “Do you like it?” I asked. I wasn’t sure why I exactly bothered asking the question.

She smiled, and nodded. “Yes, it’s quite nice. Though you don’t think the top part is a little too low?”

I shook my head. “I’ve seen worse,”

I spent ten minutes helping her get changed into the dress. I took a step back and smiled, “You look quite beautiful,”

She quietly said thank you and sat down in a chair for me to do her make-up and hair. She spoke up while I was in the middle of applying her eye shadow. “Do you think Zayn really likes me?”

I looked at her in surprise, and worry. “You think he doesn’t?”

“Well, it was an arranged marriage,” Perrie replied. “And he just-Have you seen the other boys with their girlfriends?”

They truly love their girlfriends. “Prince Liam and Princess Danielle are in an arranged marriage, and they love each other. I’m sure Zayn will grow to love you, just maybe not so much at the beginning.” I replied, though as I said the words, it didn’t seem very likely. I doubt Zayn will love Perrie as much as Liam and Danielle love each other. “Do you love him?”

A smile appeared on Perrie’s face. “Even though it’s an arranged marriage, I think I do,”

I quickly placed some bright red lipstick on her lips. I then walked behind her, and grabbed a simple silver necklace with a silver heart out of the bag and placed it around her neck. She stood up and looked at herself in the mirror at every possible angle. “Thank you; you’ve done quite a lovely job. I’ll be in Danielle’s room,” she said, before she walked out the door.

I sighed and cleaned up the mess I had left on the desk. Harry came to my mind again. What was wrong with him? What had gotten him upset? I sighed and headed out of the room and towards Eleanor’s room.

By now I knew today was to be a busy day.

A/N: Sorry to keep you all waiting so long, I've just been really busy with life and stuff. Please vote, comment and fan, like all you lovely people are so wonderful at doing! :)