Part XXIII

Sebastian no longer want to waste time, with pain in his eyes he asked you "Can you tell me what happened?"

You wanted to say that everything will be fine but you'll be lying "Chris needs me and I need him too."

"And me?" he asked and his voice was broken "I need you."

"Sebastian..."

"Did he made you chose?" he asked.

"No, this is my decision and Chris didn't make me chose," you answered and this is breaking your heart.

"We were okay. You and I, [Y/N] you almost told me that you love me." He said looking at you in the eyes. You can see his pain and his gaze was like a dagger piercing your heart "Do you even mean it?"

"That time, yes, I do mean it. When I'm about to tell you that I love you. I do." you can feel tears falling from your eyes. This was the first time you are telling him you love him and you should be happy but you don't because you were not only breaking his heart but yours as well.

"So now, you don't."

"No, I... You will always hold a special place in my heart." you told him if you tell him that you still love him this might not end well.

"You know, when you told me that you want to give it a try that is one of the best days of my life. Every time I kissed you, I feel like a teenager girl having my first kiss. I couldn't stop my self but to be happy. Did you feel it too? Did you have this feeling that you couldn't stop smiling because you are that happy? Because I did." Sebastian's voice was shaking.

"Sebastian, I'm sorry." your voice was weak "I'm sorry."

"I need to know, [Y/N]. We were okay and now... I don't get it."

"I'm sorry." Your voice cracked and tears started to fall "I need you to leave."

Sebastian couldn't believe what he just heard, with a heavy heart he left. His whole body was shaking and he can't stop his tears from falling. He doesn't know what to do or feel. He wants to be mad but his heart hurts so much that all he can do was to cry.

You wanted to explain to him but you couldn't put it to words. It is better to end it there and just move on. No, you are not okay and you can feel that you were hurting inside.

Days had passed and you miss him every day. You always start and end your day with the thought of Sebastian, wondering what could have been. That's the only thing you can do, he was far away from you and you decided that Chris needs you more, more than you need Sebastian.

"Someone is in deep thought." Chris said embracing you from behind.

"No, I am not." you answered.

"[Y/N] I know you." he chuckled.

"I..." you wanted to tell him that you were thinking about Sebastian "I just couldn't believe this."

"Well, this is real." Chris tightened his arms around you "I am here."

"Don't you find it weird?" you asked.

"At first, I do. I mean, how crazy it is to fall in love with your best friend, right? But I embraced that feeling and it is the best decision I have ever made." Chris answered kissing you in the head "But I hope I won't regret it." he said to himself.

"It is crazy," you mumbled.

Chris noticed the sadness in your voice. He had heard it and it hurts that he is hearing it again. He wants you to smile, to laugh, to make lame jokes. It pains him to see you sad, quiet, and he hates it how good you are with faking a smile, a laugh and how you can act okay when you are not. He did everything he could to make you happy but when he looked at you in the eyes, he knew already that you were in pain and everything you were doing is just an act.

"[Y/N]." Chris spoke your name as if he was saying I love you. He turned you around to see your face "I love you no matter what." cupping your face Chris leaned and softly pressed his lips to yours. It was just a peck then he pulled you into a tight embrace "Can we go back to what we used to?"

"What?" You couldn't understand what he meant.

"We can right?" Chris asked again, you tried to look at him but his arms around you won't budge "It is enough that I told you that I love you." Taking a deep breath "I don't want to regret anything that's why..." caressing your face "Let me show you how much I love you."

"Chris, what..." you couldn't utter a word, there was something in Chris' eyes.

"I've done crazy stuff before and this must be the most craziest thing I will do." resting his forehead against yours "[Y/N], I see you in my future and I don't want to lose that. I will do anything, everything just to make sure that I will always have you by my side. I know, something will change and please just promise me that I will always be your partner in crime."

"I don't get it," you said.

Kissing you on the forehead, Chris said "I don't want to regret anything. So [Y/N]...."

|End of Part XXIII|