Forest Of Death Rules - A Lecture

Start from the beginning

"Evidently, we got a lot of hot-blooded kids this time." She muttered loud enough so I could hear. "This will be fun."

Anko's words were true. There are a lot of hot-blooded people here. My eyes went to the rain nin, I stared as she walked past Sakura who looked frightened. I guess I wasn't the only one who got a bad feeling from her or him. Sighing, I went to scold Naruto for not being careful. He shouldn't have mocked a proctor like that, who knows what more they could have done to him.

"Naru-" I stopped mid sentence, my eye started to twitch at this idiot and his actions. He worries me.

Naruto was sticking out his tongue, stretching it further and each time. 'Is he really trying to mimic that rain nin's tongue..?' I thought, face palming at his slight stupidity.

"Well, before we start the second test, I have to pass this out to you." Anko shouted, now facing us. She reached into her coat and pulled a stack of papers out. "It's a consent form. Before you can take part in this test, you have to sign this." She said.

"Why?" Naruto asked, confused why we had to sign the papers.

I cocked an eyebrow. 'It's just for confirmation we're taking the test-'

"Form here on out, there will be corpses." Anko smirked, making me freeze in my tracks. "I have to get your consent for that or it'll be my responsibility." Anko laughed. "Well, I'm going to start the explanation of the second test now. In a word, the limits of your survival will be challenged."

Anko walked up to Naruto and handed him the consent forms, he passed the pile to me. I took one then passed the rest to the others next to me. I glared at the paper in my hands, it was like I was signing my death.

"First, I'll give you step-by-step instructions on the background of the forest. Training field number 44 is surrounded by 44 locked entrance gates, there are a few rivers and of course a forest beyond the gates. There is also a tower in the middle of the forest which is about 10 kilometers from the gates. In this confined area, you will go through a certain survival exercise." Anko explained, holding out a map of the the forest within the gates. "As for the rules...there are none! This is an anything goes survival exercise for scrolls!"

'An exercise where there is no rules, wouldn't that mean that if someone "accidently" killed another person it wouldn't really matter.' I pondered on my own worries and questions. My eyes widened slightly. 'That's what the consent form must be about. We sign it and Anko won't take the blame for our death, it'd be on us.'

"There's going to be some deaths from the point I sign my that contract...after that...I'm accepting death." I muttered lowly, in shock of my late discovery.

I was afraid, I didn't want to die because of this test! My death would really mean nothing, if I die here I'll look weak for dying in an Exam. There's no way that'll happen, my death awaits me in the future, not here-- not now. If it takes me all my courage to pass this without death, then by all means I'm going to do my best. For myself, Dad, and the others...

Anko held out two scrolls, from what I could see one read heaven and the other was earth?

"All of you have one objective, you must fight for these two scrolls in my hand. A heaven and earth scroll. All together 26 teams made it past the first test. Half of you, or 13 teams will get an earth scroll and the other half will get the other, the heaven scroll. I'll hand over one scroll to each team. To put it simply, that's what you'll be fighting for." Anko explained.

Sasuke took a step forward from beside me, "And what are the conditions to pass?" He asked.

"The three of you, or the four of you will bring both the heaven and earth scroll to the tower in the middle of the forest." She answered.

'Without the scrolls we fail, huh? We'll have to fight our best for these scrolls, can this get any better?' I sneered sarcastically.

"That means, of the 13 teams, half of them will definitely fail." Sakura stated.

'That's right, Sakura...'

"Furthermore, you will have a time limit to complete this test. Other wise you don't pass. The time you are given is 120 hours, or 5 days." Anko said.

"Five days!?" Ino, Sakura's rival shouted in disbelief.

"What do we do about food!?" Choji nearly screamed.

"It's a forest! There's a lot of wildlife inside, I assure you there is plenty of food for you there. Don't worry, I'd say there's enough to feed all of you." Anko shouted.

"However.." Kabuto cut in. "It's teeming with fierce man-eating animals, poisonous bugs, poisonous plants, and much more than that."

I sighed, 'that isn't making it any better for us...'

Sasuke glanced over at me and Sakura, Naruto was off to the side either still trying to stretch his tongue out or simply staring at random people. "On top of that, you're surrounded by nothing but enemies, even sleeping will be a big problem." He added.

I clicked my tongue, "That's just great. First we need to sign our death, and now we can't even sleep without the thought of getting attacked by enemies or animals." I muttered out bitterly.

Sasuke chuckled slightly. "Is it me, or are you actually getting worried, Reina? Maybe even...scared?" He mocked, smirking at my flustered face.

"N-No! Why are you even saying such a thing! I'm not a-afraid at all, I'm just worried for Naruto!" I blurted out, acting like a complete fool.

He cocked an eyebrow. "Naruto?" He asked, with a small hint of jealously and irritation in his voice.

"Yeah, Naruto. With his foolishness, who knows what trouble he'll cause." I said, eyeing him suspiciously.

"Hn...idiot." He hissed, turning away from me with a snarl.

I scoffed. "I'm the idiot? Look at yourself, mainly your duck ass hair. I'm not the idiot here, teme!" I barked.

His eyes snapped over to me, "Dobe!" He spat.

"Teme!" I  growled.

"Dobe!"

"Tem-!" I stopped midway, "Ow!" I glared at Sakura. "What was that for, pinky!?"

Sakura glared daggers at me, she was fuming in anger. "Blueberry head!" She shouted.

My mouth dropped, Sakura actually called me a name.

She bonked me in the head again. I groaned and held my head. "Did you even listen to what Anko said about the Exam?" She asked me.

"Yes." I replied.

"Really? Then tell me how you would be disqualififed from the Exam." She demanded.

I bit my lip. 'Crap, I didn't hear that..'

"Um, if you die you lose?" I said, or more like asked.

She hit me again, "NO! Listen, i'll only say this once. If we don't make it to the tower in time, lose any teammate on the way there, or open the scrolls... We don't pass the Exam. She also said not to open the scrolls at all, and that we'll figure out what happens when we open it. " Sakura explained, and sighed. "I'm surprised your acting like a child, Reina. I guess this is good for you and us. We get to see this other side of you we've never seen before."

Heat rose to my cheeks, in anger and embarrassment. "Sh-Shut up, Sakura! I just didn't hear what she was saying, I was distracted, that's all. I was not acting like child and I don't think it's good for you guys." I muttered out, random words flying out my mouth.

I didn't know what to say. She was right. I did act like a child, something I've never did before in front of them. It's like an early Christmas gift to them, they finally see a different side of me. A good side, not the rude one I usually use most of the time. I guess I'm changing for the better, huh?

________________

Sorry for the late update, i'll try to update again today!