Doesn't matter-52

Sarah's Pov

Colours where flashing past me. The invisible thread on my lips seemed to be gone. My question was still on top of everything else in my head.

"Who?" I couldn't hear myself. "WHO?" Everything changed. I whipped my head behind myself. I scanned everything in the room. There was a man standing nearby wanting to do something for a while. He was biting on his lips anxiously. Then I saw the glow of Justin's smile. His arm was in a sling and his leg in his cast. I sat on the floor whilst he sat on a wheelchair. What has he done this time? 

"Are you ok?" Hearing his voice immediately calms my heart and my breathing. I put my hands on the sides of my face and nod. "Why did you mouth then scream who?" They didn't hear me say it the first time either. A shame they heard the second one. Is slightly shake my head.

"D-doesn't matter." Nothing happened. Nothing happened.

"Why didn't you just say it the first time?"  The man who probably a doctor says.

"I...I don't know." I meant to say both of them but he doesn't need to know that.

Why?

Leave. I cannot be bothered to deal with you, Justin.

Oh...ok then.

I do a weak smile aimed at Justin.

"Ok, can I take you out for a moment?"

"Me?" Justin says nearly jumping from his seat. He seems not to want to leave. "What am I supposed to do?"

The doctor had no patience for Justin's nonsense and just took him out of the room anyway. Not like he could do anything with his arm and leg.

What do you mean my nonsense?

What did I tell you before? Then he was gone, out the room at least.

"Can you take him to his room?" Another man said presumably to the doctor.

"I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE!" After Justin's sudden outburst someone muttered something probably to tell Justin to shut up. I turn away from the door for one second and back and somehow two policemen managed to sneak in.

"We need to ask you some simple questions." The policeman on the right said putting his hands together whilst he spoke. I didn't move my head. I kept it opposite the ground. I only move my eyes to look up at them.

I hate these sort of questions

As soon as I hear Justin's voice I snap my head to the door which the policemen seemed to edge away from.

"I'm Officer Paul and that's Officer S. Watson." The one on the right says. "First things first what is your name?"

I've already told them!

They don't believe you for obvious reasons.

Hey!

"Sarah Harrison."

"Earlier why did you snap your head towards the door."

"I thought I heard something," I say without missing a beat. Like I had rehearsed it for weeks. Anyway, it sort of is true.

"Where are your parents?" I knew they'd ask this. Why did they ask this? They could've asked anything. They say they were going on a honeymoon and couldn't possibly leave their little girl and boy but their eldest child, pfft they just decide to forget about her. How is that a honeymoon with an annoying 10-year-old? Milly isn't that bad. "Why was no one at home with you?" He asks after I don't say anything for a while.

"They went on holiday. They'll be back soon." I hope.

"How long have they been gone?"

"A bit." He goes in a squat so he's level with me.

"Give me a date. What was the date when they left you?" What was the date? 

"Start of October." That's all your getting. It wasn't then. I've lost count of when they left. It's been near a month. Actually, I think they left the start of September after getting married in the summer holidays. They don't need to know that. Do they?

"Ok, can you give me their number?" I shake my head. They don't want to be reminded of me. They haven't called and both my parents blocked my personal phone. I take that as a message not to try to call with the home phone. I wish I could at least speak to my sister. What if she's forgotten about me? "What about their names?"

"Jeffrey and Jenny Harrison."

"Your mother's maiden name?"

"They're not very traditional. My father changed his last name instead." After I say that he looks very sceptical at me.

"That being?"

"Adams."

"I heard you yelled who, why?"

"Doesn't matter."

"Yes, it does." He insists, all the while the other officer doesn't speak once. It really doesn't matter.

"Just my thoughts."

"Who were you asking it to?"

"The person who I wanted to know who they were," I say through gritted teeth. If he says one thing.

"Ok, a-" I can't take another question. When he opened his mouth I jumped up letting only ok and ah sound come out. I need to escape. My breathing quickens. My mind gets dizzy from the feeling of standing up to fast. I just stand there waiting for it to wear off.