THEATRE

Theatre has always been my life. Whenever I am inside the building, I automatically feel safe and protected. Well, maybe it's because of my mom. 

She's awesome. She's an actress and because of her, I spent all my life in the theatre. If I can describe my mom, she is a warrior. Well, I mean, it's not easy to be a Chinese actress in Broadway. But, she's so talented that no director can refuse her in audition. Her voice is heavenly and she literally can be anyone in seconds. 

I remember when I was little, I will stand in front of my mom's dressing room and shout a character name and she would come out as that character. It was really fun. 

For sixteen years, I will go wherever she go. I followed her carrier as an actress. Many people say that I am as good as her, even better. 

Throughout my life, I've never seen my father, but my mom told me stories about him. "He's got this gorgeous purple eyes, and he is the most talented person I've ever seen in my entire life. He's like a god," she used to say. 

She describe him as a really great person. But I don't see him that way. I mean, how could he abandon my mother? Isn't a father supposed to protect, love, and support his wife and child? 

The only thing that reminds me that I once had a father is my ring, the one with comedy and tragedy mask on it. My mom gave it to me as my 12th birthday present and she made me swear that I'm going to wear it for the rest of my life as some kind or protection. 

Anyway, back to my mom. I don't have any family except my mother. Well, my mother is the black sheep in the family. She came from a military family and her older sister is a soldier. 

My grandmother hates art. She is the one who cast out my mom because she wanted to pursue a performing carrier. My mom ran to New York and never saw my grandmother again. As far as I know, I don't have any cousin, aunt, or anyone beside my mom. My mother doesn't like to talk about her family because that force her to talk about my grandmother, which she doesn't like.

But, right now, I feel nothing. I'm standingbeside my mom's grave. 

P.S. TO BE CONTINUED....