18. i was born this way

Start from the beginning

"yeah, definitely, i feel terrible," Rachel looked at Spencer's arms, as he had put his jacket over her shoulders before they came into the hospital, "won't Quinn be mad at you sitting vigil at my bedside?"

Finn bit his lip, "well, Spencer's here with me, and-" Spencer rolled his blue eyes, "i'm standing, and-and she'd understand how awful i feel even if it's not broken,"

Spencer turned Rachel's towards him, when he frowned, "i definitely think you have broken her nose with your terrible dancing," Finn frowned, scratching his neck.

"it's broken," the three teens turn towards the doctor who held a x-ray in his hands, "well," Finn let out a breath, "i knew i was a bad dancer ever since in the fifth grade, i got last place and Spencer got first place, but i never knew my dancing was dangerous,"

the doctor looked at them, "it's a clean break, so i-i won't have to set it," Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, "considering your deviated septum, i'd consider this a terrific opportunity,"

"a opportunity for what?" the doctor looked at Spencer, "a opportunity for your girlfriend to get an vanity adjustment," Rachel bit her lip, "are you suggesting that i get a nose job?"

Rachel looked up at Spencer, "you're 16, right?" Rachel, Spencer and Finn nod their heads, "that's when i have my daughters theirs,"

Rachel frowned, "it's like a right of passage for jewish girls," Rachel let's out a breath, "first of all, i like how i look," Spencer nods his head, "she your girlfriend?"

the doctor looked at Spencer, who scratched the back of his neck, "uh, yeah," Rachel leaned into Spencer, "what does your girlfriend look like?"

the doctor looks at Finn, "okay, and second of all, i don't want to do anything that's going to affect my voice, my broadway career depends on it,"

Spencer nods his head, "yeah, we got a big show choir competition coming, and Rachel's kind of our best singer," the doctor looked at Spencer, "it doesn't impact the voice,"

he then looks at Rachel, "that's just a myth," Rachel looked up at the male doctor, "the fact is, opening up that septum might allow you to take in more air per breath," Rachel moves the ice pack from her nose, "which means bigger belts on your high notes,"

"but Barbra..." the doctor looked at Rachel and Spencer, "is great, she's also one in a million," Rachel looked away, "the fact is, if you really want to be an actress, you might want to consider looking and sounding the best that you can,"

Rachel looks at Spence, "i got an appointment open next week," Spencer looked down at Rachel, "can i sign you up?"

***

"oh, my god," Victoria looks at Rachel, who is standing in front of the new directions, "you're getting a nose job,"

Rachel looks at Victoria, who is beside Sean and Quinn, "i'm considering having a minor procedure to repair my deviated septum,"

Finn frowns at his ex girlfriend from Neisse Spencer, "so, a nose job," Santana looked at Samaria, "look, i'm... i'm happy, with the way that i look, okay? and i've embraced my nose,"

Rachel let's out a breath, "but let's just say i wanted to have a slightly more demure nose," Rachel looks at Quinn, "like Quinn's or Victoria's, for example.."