36. | Remember me

Start from the beginning

  "I managed to get you a new one. The art may not be exactly the same, but at least it's a pretty similar duplication" It's his hero analysis for the future. It's in Izuku hands again. Izuku can't believe it. His hero book is back.

"I'm sorry for ruining your dream. You deserve to be happy" Bakugou says and Izuku can see the guilt in his red eyes.

"K-Kacchan" Izuku starts crying heavily before embracing the boy in a tight hug. "Thank you" He keeps muttering while clenching Bakugou's shirt tight.

  "I'm....I hope one day, no matter what happens. You get the life you've always wanted" The red eyes boy mutters while rubbing his hair gently, "I'm going to be right there with everyone else. Your life is precious, please don't take it away"

The words Izuku needed to hear. But at the same time. Bakugou is dying with guilt. He needs Izuku to keep hope because one thing for sure. Rose is still out there.

"I won't Kacchan, I'll fight. I won't do it again. I'm not alone anymore, I have you, Y/n and Todoroki. I'll do my best just like you all have been doing for me" Izuku still buried in Bakugou's chest, crying and feeling overwhelmed.

But what he doesn't notice is Bakugou's expression. He's worried. And he can't put any burden on his friend.

  Bakugou pulls Izuku closer and buries himself on his shoulder. "No matter what happens, I'll do better. I'll be a better person"

Izuku smiles, realizing how much he has changed from just last year. Everything has changed and it feels good.

The girl walks into the room with a tray full of delicious food. Her eyes widened seeing the sight in front of her. She puts the tray down and practically jumps onto the boys, causing them both to laugh.

"I love you guys!!" Y/n declares, eyes shut close. "Even if Bakugou is a dick" She quickly says before the blond has a chance to grab her.

"Kacchan! Y/n, p-please calm-" Izuku is shut quiet as a pillow is thrown into his face.

"You fucking stupid or something? can't even aim at me" Bakugou teases with a challenging smirk.

"Hey, I still kicked your ass without a quirk, isn't that right Izu?" She crosses her arms confidently.

"Uhm yeah..." Izuku nervously looks down to the floor, afraid of angering the ticking time bomb.

"Butt cheeks, you promised that when we become friends or whatever, we'd have a dual" This made Y/n think back to that time, it is unbelievable how much has happened since. "So let's fight right now!" Bakugou grins and turns on his quirk, letting ashes rise from his palms.

Y/n and Izuku stare at Bakgou like he is an idiot. He knows how destructive her quirk is and still asks her to fight him right on the spot? The h/c haired girl isn't about to ruin her home and get spanked by her mother later--yes spanked.

Izuku giggles from next to her. Bakugou's explosive demeanor isn't anything new to him, it's just seeing it in a new light what makes him so internally happy. He would never believe if someone told him that this would happen in his future.

"Yeah, yeah. We can fight another day" She rolls her eyes, "Besides, I'm hungry as fuck so let's eat my homemade enchiladas!" The female quirks up. Truthfully she has already forgotten the dreaded new Bakugou came to tell her.

It's crucial to keep Izuku's mind at rest. He is just getting past the trauma and at the same time battling his inner demons. He needs to be at peace, at least here...in her home. She will do anything to keep him safe.

As the teens put the tray on the floor and start sharing their food, eating happily together. Izuku can't help but feel tears of joy brink his eyes. Was it for the very first time seeing hope lay before him?

Can that be shattered at any moment?

<•>

A heavy metal door creaks open, inflating the once dark room in a distinguished light. The woman smiles to herself and enters, having black gloves on. In the middle of the room lays a black desk, shiny and clean except for the spread out map revealed to her eyes and interest.

Before she can take a step forward, a deep voice stops her. "Ah dear, I see you are back for a visit?" The man wearing a dark cloak spoke, emerging from the shadows of the room. It did frighten the woman at first, but she quickly recalls the familiarity.

They are family after all.

"It's good to see you again" The man steps closer, revealing his form. Dark and elegant shoes step closer to her body and he runs a simple finger through her brown locks, stopping right behind her ear to whisper "But you aren't here for a nice visit, are you? Not without a motive?" She can feel his growing smirk.

The female gives out a simple and light-hearted laugh, making the room echo it back. "Oh you know me too well dear old uncle~" She turns slightly, only giving him a side glance. "I'm here because firstly, I finished my mission at the hospital" She grins and pulls out a small chip that held hundreds of files of patients and uncovered secrets of the hospital, but that is irrelevant.

Her uncle quirks up a brow as he catches the blue chip in his hands, inspecting it before nodding approvingly. "So fast my dear, I'm proud" He takes his moment to silently sit on his desk, one knee propped the other. "But you are here for more? or else you would just give me this through my other members" He smiles maliciously.

"And secondly~I did have a little of fun in the hospital, but now I'm here for my revenge" Her voice seeps out with venom, "And I need your help" She turns to fully face him, her fingers grazing each other.

Her uncle smiles in delight. Of course, his niece would play the dirty cards, he just wonders who the poor soul being targeted is.

And he will make sure that they will remember her name.

// Important note//

Firstly - I'm sorry for not writing for over three weeks. I usually write one chap every week. The true reason for the great delay is the fact that my mom got admitted to the mental hospital (Todoroki vibes going on here)
She has been in and out of the hospital all my life, so I'm pretty used to it. It just takes a lot out of me every time. I'm sorry. So with a heavy heart, I managed to write this fluffy and cute chapter today - hope it does not disappoint too much<3

Lastly - This is the last episode of  THIS arc. The next arc won't be this long aha, so it means we are over halfway to the story sadly. BUT everything will be written here, it's just the storyline will change a little from the first arc from here on.
Thank you all so much for the support of this book and yes I have everything planned out from the very start. Just the support is amazing and I love you all so much, writing is the joy of my life.

Lots of love 💕
~Hazel