21 ; Spring Dance

#21

"I'm leaving!" Phil snapped in reply, stunning us all into silence once more.

"What - what do you mean?" Mrs Lester replied quickly, sniffling and wiping her nose. 

I could feel her regret as it churned inside her stomach as anxiety churned in mine. This was a big mistake, I never should have agreed with Phil to come home with him.

"Phil calm down, you're not thinking properly because you're angry," I said quickly.

"No Dan! I know exactly what I'm saying! I'm sick of this toxic environment!" Phil snapped, his hand which was holding mine letting go as he marched up to his room. 

My eyes turned to his parents, Mrs Lester's eyes looked like they were staring straight through me, like I was nothing. Of course, I was the reason this had happened, because of me her son wants to move out. My whole body shook as my feet hesitated to move so I could run after my frustrated boyfriend. I glanced to Mr Lester before turning on my heel and taking control of my anxiety. I ran out of the living room and bounded up the stairs to Phil, I opened his bedroom door to see him sat on his bed with his head in his hands.

"Phil..." I said softly, sitting beside him after I closed his bedroom door. 

Phil shook his head harshly and stood up, his fringe fell over his eyes. He looked rather at war with himself.

"Dan, I... I know this will be a lot to ask but... could I stay with you for a while? I mean it's more or less up to your parents but... I didn't think this out at all..." He rambled, his fingers brushed his fringe back so his light blue eyes were visible again. 

His fingers tensed in his hair, almost as if he was pulling it. I stood up and removed Phil's hand from his hair slowly and set it down beside him gently.

"Phil... Of course I'll let you stay yeah?" I told him earnestly.

"Really?!" His eyes sparkled and I nodded in reply.

His arms wrapped around me, squeezed me tightly and I giggled before telling him I couldn't breathe because he was squeezing so tightly.

"Can you help me pack some clothes? What should I take?" Phil asked. "I mean, what do I need? Oh god."

I smiled.

"Phil don't panic, you will definitely need to take clothes but other than that what do you want to take?"

"Well my laptop and I'll need to take my school stuff right? And I'll need my electronic chargers won't I?"

"That's right, so that's what we'll pack," I said crossing my arms.

"Okay I'll get my stuff together and find a suitcase, can you empty my drawers?"

"Sure thing."

Phil opened his wardrobe and pulled out a suitcase, planting it on the floor as I bent down to open his drawers. I pulled out his many black jeans, folding them and placing them in a secure pile beside me. Phil took the pile and grinned, then placing them in his suitcase.

"Are your shirts hung up?"

"Yeah."

I stood up, the tension released from my knees and I wobbled backwards onto Phil's bed before bursting into laughter as Phil snorted like a pig. I giggled, wiped my eyes and walked back over to the wardrobe, pulling out some of Phil's plaid shirts. I did the same as I did with the jeans and then found one shirt saying "I'm with stupid" and an arrow pointing left. I took the shirt, pulling it over my head and stood next to Phil. It took a couple of minutes till he noticed but when he did he laughed and then tickled my sides so I collapsed into a ball on the floor.