18 ; Coming Out

I apologise for all the big time skips, there may be a few in future chapters.

#18

The knock on my front door freaked me out as soon as the sound reached my ears. I grabbed my school bag and sketch pad which rested beside me while I was staring into space, fishing my keys out of my school bag before opening the door. Phil's big grin greeted mine and we fell into each others arms, hugging tightly.

"You ready?" He whispered in my ear as we separated.

I sighed and smiled again.

"Yeah, let's do this," I replied, I took a step outside of the house and locked the door behind me, then linking my fingers with Phil's and we walked down the steps and into the strange sunshine beaming down on us.

"I remember when your mum was painting that colour on your front door with your dad," Phil chuckled, fixing his casual fringe and I smiled remembering too, nostalgia stirring in my stomach.

"Aha yeah I remember," I said recalling the memory. "We were sat on the grass in the front garden with our Disney toys all gathered together, paint splotches on our cheeks and a big bucket over water to poor all over the mud to make mud pies for Woody and Buzz."

We laughed together and Phil squeezed my hand.

"Oh do you remember when your mum actually had to wash Wall-E about ten times to get out all of the mud and dirt we'd smothered on him? And then in the final wash Tilly moved him so he was in with the pinks and stank as well as turning pink?"

"Oh my god yes! That was hilarious!" My cheeks hurt from smiling. "Then I had to give it to Tilly because it looked too odd in my room despite how I tried to make it look ironic."

Phil nodded, grinning as we walked towards the school gates.

"You're cute Dan," Phil complimented. "Especially your dimples."

I blushed.

"Shut up,"

As soon as we arrived outside the blue painted gates to our school I stopped and leaned on the brick wall which supported the gates and Phil was pulled back by my grasp, spinning on the spot like a wild spinning top.

"You waiting for Louise?"

"Who else?"

Phil's grin dropped and his face turned serious, his hands still played with my own.

"Are you sure about this? You want them to know?" He asked quietly.

"If I wasn't we wouldn't be holding hands like this right now Phil," I told him reassuringly. "I want everyone to know that we're together so they can be as jealous as fuck."

Phil grinned, his tongue poking out the corner of his mouth as he looked out of the gates and back again.

"Oh I forgot something," he said before leaning in and pressing his lips on mine quickly.

I took his neck and pulled him towards me, pecking his lips again before Phil started kissing me deeply, leading the kiss as my arms wrapped around his neck, his own arms around my waist. I blushed as we pulled away, staring into his eyes and it felt way too perfect. And when things seem way too perfect, things go wrong. But why am I doubting things so much?

"What the ever loving fuck did I just witness?" A sharp female voice exclaimed.

Phil and I turned our heads around, seeing Emma stood beside Louise - Louise giggled quietly and Emma crossed her arms, tapping her foot with an unimpressed expression. Louise pulled her over to us as Emma demanded an explanation.