10 ; Breaking Heart

er hi - don't murder me?

#10

The Smiths Pub was far too popular - with the exception of all the skiers gathered here for their results. The whole pub was pretty much made of the wood which was located on the mountains nearby and the bar men seemed to be English not French which surprised me. Phil, Louis, Max and I were stood at the front of the crowd by the small stage where all the instructors were sat - one of them making a speech. Our parents were at the back with Tilly since she didn't like the large crowds which overwhelmed the small area. Phil still wasn't really talking to me still, he seemed to be in a bad mood constantly and the only time he would talk to me was when he was bothering me about Louis. Even now, he was scowling. My mind was jumping to the conclusion that he was indeed jealous.

"What medal do you think you'll get then?" Louis asked.

"Bronze, I was really bad," I chuckled slightly.

"I will probably get none," Louis replied, his messy hair falling over his face again unlike his brother's which was straighter.

I tucked his hair behind his ears again.

"Thanks but you really shouldn't bother, my hair is always like this," Louis said simply.

Max laughed a little beside him.

"I'd much rather have your hair," Max said, ruffling his brothers hair as if he was older or even more dominant.

In which Louis hunched his back and swatted him away.

As if it wasn't obvious enough, today we met Louis' twin Max, they were completely identical - almost like they were just copies of each other. I sighed sipping my coke as one of the instructors finished his speech and told us we could see our instructors for our results. James walked up to us as Maxsaid he was going to go buy himself a drink. James gathered everyone around him who was in his group and he pulled out some booklets from his pocket.

"Well done guys, it was a pleasure teaching you all," he said smiling.

He fumbled throughout the booklets and then picked one.

"Netty here's yours," he said smiling, handing it to her and kissed her cheeks.

She blushed slightly and looked inside her booklet.

"Ben," James said handing him the booklet and kissed both his cheeks.

I guessed it was a tradition as all the ski instructors were doing it - I was rather ignorant to these things. James did the same with everyone and handed me mine, telling me I had to work on turning a little but then I'd be fine. He pecked my cheeks and I blushed slightly before turning around watching Phil have the same done to him out of the corner of my eye as I made my way back to my parents. I flicked through my booklet and found the results page. My eyes flickered down to where it said whether I got bronze, silver or gold. I smiled as I found out I had a silver and my improvement advice was how to turn properly.

"What medal did you get Daniel?" mum asked smiling, jogging Tilly who was on her hip.

"I got silver," I beamed.

"Well done!" my parents praised - my dad patted my back.

We looked over at Phil who greeted his parents, showing them his results and Mrs Lester hugged him smiling. I assumed he must've done well because Mrs Lester hadn't really ever shown Phil such affection and I could tell he was shocked too. I noticed he hugged back though and when they let go his eyes shone like the best thing in the world happened to him. Maybe it was - and it made me smile.