Chapter 15

Lance didn't think about it, finding a window, shifting and then heading after Aryanna and Burbelle on an old bourbon trail. He did not know what she was doing back after her wedding and on such a fast pace to see him. Did she want to rub it in his face or did she even go through with it?

Feah would have made a good mate for a drunken and sorrowful werewolf. She didn't want to even wait for her own mate, she loved Lance so much that she was ready to give it up for him. It was wrong for Lance to try and claim her. She was just as drunk if not more than him.

Aryanna's face defaintly snapped him out of his haze. The look on her face was one no mate she have to see, under no circumstances.

He caught up to her, leaning against a tree, Burbelle long gone. Why had she picked today to rear up on Aryanna? Maybe, it could have been the werewolf chasing them. That would scare Aryanna if she was a horse too. Hell, it scared her as a shadowhunter just having a wolf slowly stalking toward her.

Lance backed Ary to a tree fully. He was not letting her run until he found out why she was here. He was not letting her leave until he explained that he wouldn't have to claim Feah if he hadn't of thought she rejected him. She should have stayed the other night. Or maybe, people shouldn't replace their mates so quickly.

Lance shifted back into an human, Aryanna hidding her eyes from his naked body. "Aryanna, what are you doing here?"

"I had to see you," Aryanna groaned, " I hadn't planed on seeing you naked in the woods or claiming Feah, however."

"After you left the other night," Lance explained, walking toward her," I may have felt a little horrible about being rejected, Aryanna."

"You feel bad?" She demanded," You didn't crash your own wedding to find your mate, getting ready to shack up with someone else!"

"You didn't get married," Lance stepped even closer to her, Aryanna nodded. No.

"You didn't reject me," He asked, his breathe now fanning her face, Aryanna nodded. No.

Lance stepped all the way to her, hearing her take in an exagerated breath. He took her face in his palms moving it to look up at him but her eyes had stayed closed the entire time. "Aryanna?" He said softly.

"Lance," she whispered.

"Open your eyes," Lance said kissing her cheek.

"No," Aryanna drawled, trying to step back but finding a tree. Oh, Burbelle. Why?

Lance kissed down her face everywhere, then down her neck. Her eyes shot open staring at him as he stopped as if to see if she was going to push him away. She didn't. He brought his lips back up to kiss Aryanna for the first time, pulling her to him all the way.

His canines grew inside his mouth. Piercing her lip, Aryanna let out a squel and quivered away from Lance. He brought her back, holding her in place as she squirmed against him. Lance was strong, holding her and trailing kisses down her neck to the place he would mark her, as she relaxed, he did.

She let out a yell, the pain filling her body as Lance just bite harder. He pulled his canines away from her after a second and begun licking the wounds.

"Werewolf salivia has healing properties," Lance said, barely breathing," Remember when I told you I'd heal you anytime you got hurt?"

"Mhhmmm," Aryanna mumbled, recalling.

"I was thinking about this moment," Lance whispered, heavily in her ear. "The moment when I could finally be kissing the shadows."

That evening was long, filling the woods with clothes shed and memeries that hopefully know one would mention again for ten or twenty years but it wasn't to be regreted. Or was it?