Chapter 3

"I'll take a cheeseburger," Augustus smiled.

"Ah, I'll take the same," Aryanna said. She couldn't believe such an uptight man was eating a cheeseburger.

"Do you wanna go on a walk," he said softly. Whoa, he was really different this time.

"Depends, why?"

"I'm going to make you fall in love with me," he said.

"Hmm, okay then."

"Do you know what this lake reminds me of," Augustus said softly.

"What," Aryanna smiled looking down at the water. They had walked by it and Augustus deemed it the perfect place to sit and relax.

He was right. The moon was shinning right above the reflection of the water. It seemed to make the water lighter in comparison. Shadowhunters loved the moon and found it entrancing. No matter where you where in the whole world, you can always see the moon.

"You eyes," he whispered.

"How," Aryanna laughed.

"Their such a beautiful crystal blue," he said huskily as he moved closer to her.

Time slowed down and they were inches apart before she got a grip on herself and pulled back clearing her throat. Augustus slowly pulled away from her, he didn't know what was going on. She was different.

"Do you wanna swim," Augustus offered hating the tension.

"Um, not really we should be heading back. It's about time for everyone to head out on the hunt." Aryanna said in a slightly nervous way while standing up. She really didn't want to be alone with Augustus any longer.

"Yes, we can't miss the hunt. With death of that despicable rouge werewolf, we will be that much closer to destroying all downworlders."

"Not all downworlder's deserve to die. Most of them had no choice in the matter of becoming a downworlder."

"We would be doing them a favor by ending their damned existence, because I'm sure if they could of had a choice they would of rather died then become the monsters they are now."

"Just like you should be put out of your misery of being a self indulged coller dans la boue." After saying that Aryanna marched off towards home. Leaving Augustus standing still and stunned.

As soon as she got home Aryanna stormed of towards her room to put her hunting gear on.

Not to long after she reached her room she heard angry thumps against her door.

When she opened her door she was greatest by her fathers angry face.

"Since you went a head and acted so rudely towards Augustus you are not allowed to attend the hunt tonight, but you will have to be down stairs to help put Augustus's runes on and see everyone off." Aryanna just gave a snort of a laugh in response to that. She had said what she had to to put that prick in his place.

Her father began to walk out of the room, but as he was closing the door he turned and said, "And also since you are being so stubborn and refusing to give Augustus a chance. Me and your mother have taken it into our hands and proposed the idea of an arranged marriage to Augustus, which he kindly accepted." With that said he slammed the door.

Aryanna was so shocked that her parents would be pushing her into an arranged marriage to a bâton dans la boue like Augustus.